StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was a good run. Just sent the 02 DL1000 down the road. We had lots of good, and bad, times together. 50,000 miles over two bikes.
I'm on to a Super Ténéré for a while. I'll keep checking on here occasionally just to see what's going on. Thank you for ALL the assistance and advice.

Keep the rubber side down!

Art

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Can't understand the Tenere thing other than the shaft drive. :unsure:

I have seen a LOT of big T converts. Just too big and heavy for me.

Now a T7 is something I could ride.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is big and heavy, but so am I.

Wanted to give one a shot and a great deal fell in my lap so I figured wth. Plus it was time to replace the old Gen 1 Vee and I couldn't find a good Gen 2 Vee for decent money.

·
Registered
2016 DL1000 ABS
599 Posts
Best of luck. The S10 is a good bike and while heavy, it carries its weight well and is super reliable.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Well done, Art. Do stick around, though.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
Solid choice and they are quite beloved by their owners, hope you check back in from time to time.....enjoy.

·
Registered
2011 V-Strom 650 and 2018 V-Strom 1000XT
36 Posts
99% of all motorcycles are better than 99% of all cars. I'm not a brand fanboy. I don't get the Harley thing, but if somebody likes Harleys I'm not going to crap on their fun.
Truer words have never been spoken!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny, I've been without a Vstrom for several years now. Had a WR250R for several years and my latest bike is a Yamaha FJ 09. But Wisconsin roads are patched a lot and bumpy. FJ not so comfy on these roads, so I'm going back to Old Reliable Strom. Funny, I decided against the Tenere, as its much heavier and top heavy to boot. Might get a 1000 this time. Now I can't get wait for winter to end and make a deal. So I'm in the market.

·
Administrator
17,767 Posts
Funny, I've been without a Vstrom for several years now. Had a WR250R for several years and my latest bike is a Yamaha FJ 09. But Wisconsin roads are patched a lot and bumpy. FJ not so comfy on these roads, so I'm going back to Old Reliable Strom. Funny, I decided against the Tenere, as its much heavier and top heavy to boot. Might get a 1000 this time. Now I can't get wait for winter to end and make a deal. So I'm in the market.
Interesting.......Ohio roads aint much better, and I strangely find my Tracer 900 suspension handling it better than any of my Stroms did. Of course I always had the crap suspension of the first gen 1000 and the 650's, and I have no doubt the 14 to current 1000 is very much better in that regard.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
There a couple of members here parting with theirs right now - one a 2020 1050 less than a year old. Bikes are generally more expensive in the spring.

Reactions: Solarguy

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I had a '12 S10. Put 45,000 miles on it in 3 years. Its a great bike but a little hard for this skinny 65 y.o. to pick up. I had zero problems with it except for finding a local mechanic I trusted . The valve check (no adjusting) cost me $585 after he broke my valve cover...and told me it was already cracked. Liar.
Thats the only problem I had. They do tend to blow through rear tires.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I have both....a 2014 1000 Strom & a 14 Ten. I find both bikes fun to ride...just in slightly different ways... & the Ten would be my choice for a long distance trip cuz of its more roomy riding position...bigger shield/fairing...& that shaft
The 14 Strom is #8 since 2003....the Ten is #3 since 2016

1 - 14 of 14 Posts