StromTrooper banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I decided to go for a little adventure on the VEE, I went on some old trails, and rail tracks, even down some washed out logging roads.

Just as I was getting ready to turn and head for home I hit a washout mixed with loose sand. Well you can guess what happened next.

My brand new(3 day old) GIVI crash bars are no longer shinny

Unfortunately I totally forgot to take a pic of the VEE taking a dirt nap, Fortunately I was able to pick her up :hurray:

The only damage is where my ram mount dug into the plastic, and some small scratches on the rear plastic, and scratchs on the hand guard

No Im going to have to drop it on her right side to match the left:mrgreen:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It came with the bars, it is just a plastic piece that says GIVI on it, it has holes for straps on the top and bottom

Here are some more pics form today

·
Registered
462 Posts
3 really

What took so long? Mine was on its side within a few hours of ownership! All kidding aside, welcome. Looks like you have a lot of fun riding in a nice place ahead of you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sorry you dropped her but looks like you went on a beautiful ride! I like the plastic parts for bags on the GIVI bars, gonna see if they are available separate.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Remove the bars, smooth out with fine sandpaper, spray with flat back paint, good as new... Just be glad you had them or you would be replacing the fairing $$$

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
So, what kind of bars are they?

Nice place to ride. If I had that nearby, my bike would get scratched up too.

That's a different place for the Ram mount. Do you put your GPS way down there? I'm not sure i'd still see it. (old eyes :thumbdown: )

For the bars, they go perfectly with bedliner. There won't even be a difference in colour for the next retouch. Or the next, etc.....

·
Registered
702 Posts
What's the ram mount for out there?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, what kind of bars are they?

Nice place to ride. If I had that nearby, my bike would get scratched up too.

That's a different place for the Ram mount. Do you put your GPS way down there? I'm not sure i'd still see it.

As the plastic clamps say they are give bars, as for the ram mount it is for my gopro camera, so i can get a good shot of the front wheel, I makes for a pretty cool angle when riding, I have since moved it to the bracket behind the passenger foot peg, I have my GPS mounted with a 99 cent chinese garmin bar mount I bought from ebay, 3 years ago

here is a little test video I shot while putting away my bike, dont mind the no gear, or socks:mrgreen:

gopro trial - YouTube

1 - 15 of 15 Posts