StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a US strommer from MA who's in Quebec for 4 days. When I can't ride my wee, I'm out skiing. Took a long weekend to ski mount saints Anne. I must say, it's cold as hell up here , not to mention the amount of snow. Does it actually get warm enough to ride. Brrrrrrr!!!

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Does it actually get warm enough to ride. Brrrrrrr!!!
Yes. We have about 10 days in August, but we have to do it after the igloo repairs are taken care of :p

Just think of it as 10 months of winter followed by 2 months of poor sledding ;)

SS

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
You poor guys out east :(
Suns shining and more bikes are on the road every day here in the sunny okanogan :)
Im waiting for more streets to be cleaned first..there getting it done quick though so it wont be long...woohoo :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. We have about 10 days in August, but we have to do it after the igloo repairs are taken care of :p

Just think of it as 10 months of winter followed by 2 months of poor sledding ;)

SS
I'm still laughing about the igloo joke.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
+9 here right now. Should be out riding but here I sit in front of the puter. Should go down into the Batcave and finish the electrical clean up under the seat and then go riding. Where's my flashlight ??

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cold?

Last year I started the riding season in early April and rode well into November. Mabey its the 'Strom. When I had the Bandit it was strictly May to September. Last year I did spring for a heated liner though and it has really extended my riding season. This year I got the handguards to help out with those thirty year old winter gloves. I was thinking if I could've gotten the bike up my sloppy, slushy street to the main road it would've been a good day to ride. If spring doesn't come soon I'm gonna go crazy!

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
+9 here right now. Should be out riding but here I sit in front of the puter. Should go down into the Batcave and finish the electrical clean up under the seat and then go riding. Where's my flashlight ??
near -20 here at night most of the past week. Warmer and wet snow today and then back to -14 tonight. Man, winter sucks. My first spring ride is going to be to Wiarton to kill that [email protected]*king groundhog who predicted an early spring. Go figure that the rodent got it wrong. Arggg...

SS

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
We finally had a decent few days. A wonderfull 59 degrees............

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
near -20 here at night most of the past week.
Hey WW kinda makes you feel like home doesn't it? Except here its a DRY cold.:p

We have had some nice weather here for the past week or so (till today's -21) and it got me to thinking that I had better get my ass in gear and get the Wee ready for the road. Valve check, oil change, chain clean, a quick tune up and it should be good to go. I finally finished mounting my new side cases last night.
Last year I started riding April 2. It could have been a bit earlier but the snow in the backyard was preventing me getting the bike from the shop to the road.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I spent 4 years in Cold Lake working on CF-18s. I know what you mean about the dry cold. But you know, when you're in the middle of the tarmac and the wind is blowing and it's -40, it really doesn't seem to matter. It just damned cold. Winter sucks.

SS

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CMDEFO, your 08 wee is well farkled for a new bike!

SS
I watched way too much "MTV Pimped My Ride" when I was a teen. It's a bad, and expensive habit.:D

Someone mentioned that motorcycles aren't aloud in certain parts of Canada. Is that true? I'm thinking about taking a week or so to ride way north of Quebec this summer. I'll probably camp half the time, but would like to spend a night in Quebec, to get a good dinner, and sleep in a comfy bed. Does anyone know if I'll have problems?

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
I watched way too much "MTV Pimped My Ride" when I was a teen. It's a bad, and expensive habit.:D

Someone mentioned that motorcycles aren't aloud in certain parts of Canada. Is that true?
I know what you mean about going overboard with accessories. I've got symtec grip heaters, a heat troller, Euro wind screen, and new side cases all in boxes wating to go on. I think I 'll need a GPS next. When does the madness stop?

Yes, there are some places in Canada you cannot ride a motorcycle. This would include inside shopping malls and churches or Tim Hortons, on the sidewalks, or in through the Cop Shop :p

I've lived all over Canada and I assure you that aside form the previously mentioned locations you may ride where you wish. But remember, you shouldn't go outside of the tracking range of the chip that GW has installed inside everyone down there :p

SS

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Had a nice little ride Sunday. Sure do like the heated jacket liner. No more cold arms in the wind. Got to thinking I was done with farkles then started to wonder about liner, heated grips and driving lights. Maybe the next item is a battery monitor. Will it ever end ??

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Pulling your leg?

CMDEFO,

If a road in Canada is public, then you can ride on it. My Wee-Strom has carried me to every province, but there are still a few roads and cities I have not yet explored.

I plan to ride some of Québec's northernmost roads in July. I expect to encounter several nuisances: black flies, 380 kilometers to the next gas, and people who speak only French. I sure don't expect to see signs telling me that government built and government maintained roads are open only to taxpayers on four (or more) wheels.

The road to James Bay is not particularly tough, and not as long as Yonge Street (Toronto to Manitoba, roughly). I am looking forward to it.

The new territory, Nunavut, includes some islands in James Bay. It is tantalizing to think that I may be able to have my Wee-Strom ferried to Nunavut and take a short ride on the Tundra. If I manage that, I suppose I will have to tackle the Dempster Highway to Inuvik pretty soon. I think I would rather visit Baja California!

Keith

·
Registered
40 Posts
No problem

The only part of the whole town that's out of bound in Quebec city is the walled part anything else is fair game, you think it was cold on mont St-Anne, well we had pretty much the warmest year temp wise but we broke the all time record for snowfall last week, we're now up to 468cm of fallen white stuff and most of it is still on the ground. By the way 468 cm is close to 15½ feet.

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Just had the weather channel on. Good grief, looks like the making for another ice age in the east.

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Just had the weather channel on. Good grief, looks like the making for another ice age in the east.
Ya, you soft buggers out there in the banana belt. Doing crazy stuff like riding motorcycles.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Nowww you tell me you cant ride a bike into a Tims......wondered why the dirty looks ;)

I managed my very first scoot of the season the other day, but today its snowing yet again, windy cold....ugh

will it ever end?....ooooooh the humanity

I am heading to Calgary mid-april, no matter what, even if I have to install my fur lined rad cover.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts