StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WEE STROMMERS... THINK BOUT IT! CHANGE THE CENTER OF GRAVITY! EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE SEAT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE...IT'S NOT THE SEAT. CHANGE THE FOOTPEGS TO LOWER, CHANGE THE CENTER OF GRAVITY FROM THE HOT BUNS TO THE FEET, EXPENSIVE PROBLEM SOLVED! BUY PEG LOWERING ADAPTERS FOR 50.OO STRETCH THOSE LEGS OUT A BIT, GET BETTER HANDLING AND COMFORT, AND SAVE 400.00 ON A USELESS FARKLE!!!!!!!!! INVEST IN A FORKBRACE, WINDSCREEN AND HAPPY-TRAILS YUKON 2 BAGS! TRICK IT OUT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I fail to see how lowering the pegs will solve the basic problem of too-soft seat foam causing my fat ass to hit the seat pan after about 100 miles. Actually the part of my ass that causes me the most trouble would be overly aggravated by lower pegs, not soothed.

I'm glad it worked for you though. :)

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
trogg1956,

BTW - when you type in all capital letters, that is like shouting all the time when you speak. Unless you really want to sound like a screaming moron, try communicating like you would in a normal hand-written letter.

Although moving around does help alleviate the pain I feel in the behind area, just lowering the footpegs wouldn't sound the problem. As Bimjo said, I can feel the seat pan after a variable distance. The only way to fix that is a different seat. I'm just too damn cheap so far to pony up the cash and get one.

I've lived with it for 27K miles, what's another 10-20K?

Tige

·
Registered
253 Posts
To me, it reads like someone is getting a piece of the action on the mentioned accessories.....:rolleyes1:

·
I'll be back
623 Posts
Interesting idea. Consider this though. Even at the stock height the pegs tend to make ground contact all the time. I can't imagine them lower without having to start riding like a sportbike hanging your but off one side then the other through the turns. I think it might even be a bit dangerous. I can see them keeping you upright in turn. Scary!

·
Administrator
17,103 Posts
Nah....it is the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
Two weeks before my dying day when youth and health were mine, no earthly monitor could say two weeks and death is thine. Nor can I from the dead arise. Such messages to bear for those who have but ears to hear. Also, my sargeant is far better than lowered pegs. I don't have to sit on the pegs.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
I guess lower pegs would make it easier to stand and take the weight off my behind. Naw, I'll stick with the gel seat.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm 6'7" with a 36" inseam and a bony ass. Lowering the pegs won't do squat.

Maybe with a 30" inseam it works and you can stand up on the pegs with gap between ones ass and seat.

I'll go for the seat mod. for a legit solution.

·
Registered
981 Posts
I took my taxi beads off the other day to give them a fresh coat of paint...what a difference they make vs. the stock seat. If you want to get an extra 1" of leg room, put something between your ass and the seat. Every little bit helps, right? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think 1" lower pegs plus a taller seat would be the answer for me. I have a 35" inseam and since I just got my bike, I have not had a chance to try a new seat yetl

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
it's your freekin underwear that give you swamp ass
Swamp ass is a different problem. I could take the stock seat for 45 minutes. With the Sargent seat or an Airhawk I can ride all day. Same underwear.....unless something startles me...then we have real swamp ass. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the seat. 30 minutes with stocker, buzzy numb butt. With the Sargent , fuel stop, to fuel , still feels good. But all Butts are different...:)

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
WEE STROMMERS... THINK BOUT IT! CHANGE THE CENTER OF GRAVITY! EVERYONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE SEAT BEING UNCOMFORTABLE...IT'S NOT THE SEAT. CHANGE THE FOOTPEGS TO LOWER, CHANGE THE CENTER OF GRAVITY FROM THE HOT BUNS TO THE FEET, EXPENSIVE PROBLEM SOLVED! BUY PEG LOWERING ADAPTERS FOR 50.OO STRETCH THOSE LEGS OUT A BIT, GET BETTER HANDLING AND COMFORT, AND SAVE 400.00 ON A USELESS FARKLE!!!!!!!!! INVEST IN A FORKBRACE, WINDSCREEN AND HAPPY-TRAILS YUKON 2 BAGS! TRICK IT OUT DUDE!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

You've never ridden on a Sargent seat then, cause after you have you know is IS the seat.

If i had to have that stock seat with this bike, i'd sell it. Its the worst seat i have ever had on any bike by far!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts