StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,706 Posts
For the record I have had a few UPS shipments go to Australia and a few to New Zealand in the past couple months. Probably taking 6-10 days instead of 3-4 but they ARE getting there. Cost is what it usually has been in the past. Also getting returned core baskets back from there with no hassle.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey Rick,
all the info about USPS to Oz is old. Have shipments recommenced to Aus? Is it a problem to send a fork brace by UPS?

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
UPS, FedEx, and USPS are still not shipping to Australia and NZ. I watched a video of the Australian lock down rules and it's easy to believe they can not hire people to drive the trucks.

Meanwhile our government has concluded that every citizen (illegals too I guess) is likely to eventually contract Omicron. Edit: Fauci just concluded that C-19 isn't really a pandemic anymore. It is now endemic. Just something we have to learn to live with.

I got a notice yesterday that the number of "vaccinated" C-19 hospital patients in Australia outnumbered the hospitalized un-vaccinated. I don't know if that is contributing to the decision to lock down or not, but after they are done destroying all the businesses and lift the lock down logic would suggest y'all are going to see a huge Omicron wave and it will be endemic anyway. Waiting for a version that doesn't kill as many people (i.e., Omicron) seems like a good idea though.

·
5,706 Posts
Rick, it is simply not true that UPS isn't shipping to Australia ( and New Zealand ). That info may be outdated. I ship boxes 11" x 9" x 6" @ 7lbs to both countries. Last one took three days to deliver via UPS. I no longer ship USPS internationally, they are simply taking too long and cost more than UPS. I use Stamps.com for all my shipping now, and they are significantly less than my UPS account wants and a little cheaper on USPS stuff when using that CONUS. Might check into that.

·
Premium Member
6,047 Posts
I get Amazon international packages weekly here with no discernible delays. There are supply chain issues for groceries etc due to staffing shortages. Major supermarket the other day while I was shopping.
We in FNQ are at the end of the supply chain for goods from the south.
Wood Gas Building Machine Display case

• Wow
Reactions: Damirio and oldjeep

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
I get Amazon international packages weekly here with no discernible delays.
Amazon has it's own shipping services. They can do as they please I guess.

I just got clarification from my wife. UPS is currently shipping "expidited" to Oz I don't know what it means to them, but to a customer it is $40 to ship a side stand foot. $50 to ship two foot peg and control lowering kits. Basically unworkable. And the other options are not available.

Edit: This was wrong. It was $50 MORE, not just $50.

·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
8,869 Posts
I was in a supermarket this morning and did notice that many shelves were understocked. However, everything I wanted was there. Unlike others normal shopping practices remain for me.
What is it about bathroom tissue anyway? :ROFLMAO: If I were to panic about anything that would not be my priority. Weird.

My priorities:
1. Food
2. Wine
3. Diesel
4. Fuel for bikes and mower. (sorry bikes, I'd rather eat than ride)

·
5,706 Posts
My friends from Down Under, Europe, Africa and so on simply understand there will be shipping costs. Sometimes rather steep. They become shock resistant to that as most Governments treat them to 20-40% VAT/Customs fees on top of that. :mad:

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
More clarification.

Y'all need to realize that I make parts and I leave shipping to my my better half so some of my explanations are second hand. So here is some clarification. Yes, we can ship a fork brace or side stand foot to Australia, but the cost is a non-starter for almost everyone. For example, pre-C-19 rates to Australia were about $32 for a small package. The only rate available at the moment (i.e., UPS Expedited) for the same small package is around $86.60 (i.e., >$50 more).

I can understand that someone may really need something we sell for a special trip or several people may want to make a bulk order and split shipping. If so they are welcome to contact us and we will do the best we can, but essentially the current shipping to Australia is unworkable (at least for us).

I really wish it was otherwise, but wishing doesn't make it workable.

·
Registered
2016 DL650
14 Posts
I can understand that someone may really need something we sell for a special trip or several people may want to make a If so they are welcome to contact us and we will do the best we can, but essentially the current shipping to Australia is unworkable (at least for us).

I really wish it was otherwise, but wishing doesn't make it workable.
Living in Oz has benefits and downsides. The benefits far in front of the negatives. One of these negatives is availability of goods and shipping. As a tiny market for just about everything bar incompetent government (please keep your, we don’t need any more) stupidly higher prices, including shipping is just a part of the good life…

cheers

andy

·
Premium Member
6,047 Posts
Actually find flat rate shipping in Australia being not bad and comparable to Canada tho nowhere near as cheap as US. AUs post has it's act together and most suppliers have free shipping above a reasonable threshold. Aus is relatively expensive but people are well paid.. no tipping and the price you see is what you pay.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I get Amazon international packages weekly here with no discernible delays. There are supply chain issues for groceries etc due to staffing shortages. Major supermarket the other day while I was shopping.
We in FNQ are at the end of the supply chain for goods from the south.
Wood Gas Building Machine Display case
Geez, looks like stores in Central America :rolleyes: you guys are going to loose soo much weight (y)
And it's not only hard to get food into the country, we hear tennis players are having issues crossing the border too :D

Reactions: Andy Del

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
What is it about bathroom tissue anyway? :ROFLMAO:.
We're all ready for crisis here in Alberta...fully stocked, but it seems we'll have to use "paper towels" instead :unsure:
Building Shelf Convenience store Retail Engineering

Otherwise NO shortage on anything else in stores.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
We have cut back production at my work because we can't source 20' shipping containers.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts