StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2016 DL650
14 Posts
Right now the Priority Mail issue is abut Australia. We keep absorbing increasing costs in mail and materials. I kinda want to that as much as possible before permanent retirement when CCL hits $70 a share. That's not going to be any time soon.
yep, we are having issues with delivery due to surges in COVID cases AND ever dropping standards with all delivery carriers. That’s in addition to any issues stateside…

Fedex/TNT is a joke down under, they won’t attempt to deliver and take it to your local pickup point, usually a 30 minute drive away that is past 6 or so other pickup points. 🤯

Aussie Post has issues with interacting out all deliveries, so it’s now a race to the bottom. Our local guy is now good. Had to befriend him, show him what our exact addresses are. 🍺. The great equaliser!

The COVID side is that we have entire states locked down, people not able to work and border crossing issues, so trucks/planes etc can’t move.

Now at 103 days of lockdown, I feel I have learned patience… 🍿 sort of like riding a 🛵 😉

·
Registered
297 Posts
The U.S, Mail service has suspended Priority Mail to Australia due to in-availability of carriers/transport.

The other U.S. Mail options are not worth discussing due to HIGH COST.

We are exploring our options.
Hey Rick, has this been sorted out yet?

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Hey Rick, has this been sorted out yet?
Nope. If anything it has gotten worse with now no carriers providing services. Frankly we are shocked at what is happening in some countries. However, if anybody knows how to ship packages to Australia cheaply let us know.

On the good side for some time in the future, USPS is implementing ePackets (CeP) at half the cost of international first class for items under 4.4 pounds. That is going to be a game changer once available. Slower, but much cheaper.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nope. If anything it has gotten worse with now no carriers providing services. Frankly we are shocked at what is happening in some countries. However, if anybody knows how to ship packages to Australia cheaply let us know.

On the good side for some time in the future, USPS is implementing ePackets (CeP) at half the cost of international first class for items under 4.4 pounds. That is going to be a game changer once available. Slower, but much cheaper.
So will you inform the forum when shipping is available?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,706 Posts
I shipped two different clutch basket packages to New Zealand yesterday. Cost was in line with Europe. I shipped 1 or 2 clutch baskets to Australia last week. Cost was around $115...but on a couple of those UPS has "refunded" part of that amount and that puts in back in line with Europe ($80ish). I am eating the difference for now. UPS is the only one I will use....and even they are having issues not like them. I have a clutch basket sitting in England....since mid August on the way to Norway. Now an investigation on that one but simply NO excuse for that as it has been scanned during that time.
My boxes are on average a lot bigger and heavier than Ricks stuff. USPS is WEEKS to Europe or Australia ( back when I used them). I don't like FedEx and DHL is not a common service here in the US.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I shipped two different clutch basket packages to New Zealand yesterday. Cost was in line with Europe. I shipped 1 or 2 clutch baskets to Australia last week. Cost was around $115...but on a couple of those UPS has "refunded" part of that amount and that puts in back in line with Europe ($80ish). I am eating the difference for now. UPS is the only one I will use....and even they are having issues not like them. I have a clutch basket sitting in England....since mid August on the way to Norway. Now an investigation on that one but simply NO excuse for that as it has been scanned during that time.
My boxes are on average a lot bigger and heavier than Ricks stuff. USPS is WEEKS to Europe or Australia ( back when I used them). I don't like FedEx and DHL is not a common service here in the US.
Any freight forwarding services in New Zealand for NZ>AU?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,706 Posts
Any freight forwarding services in New Zealand for NZ>AU?
Don't know. Don't want to get into the freight forwarding. I ship the BMW windshields via USPS for international customers....and that is entirely out of the price range customers will pay ( bigger boxes). I have had a couple customers have theirs shipped to a freight forward company in Washington state..Canadian customers do this all the time on the clutch baskets.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Don't know. Don't want to get into the freight forwarding. I ship the BMW windshields via USPS for international customers....and that is entirely out of the price range customers will pay ( bigger boxes). I have had a couple customers have theirs shipped to a freight forward company in Washington state..Canadian customers do this all the time on the clutch baskets.
Yeah, we always had a USA address when we lived in BC for receiving stuff. We'd just pop across the border to pick it up. Nowadays a lot of bordertown receiving companies will do forwarding as well.

An earlier post mentioned the price for shipping to NZ being a lot less than to Australia. That's why I thought I'd see if forwarding from there may be cost and time effective for folks.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Bugger! How will I know when to place an order with you?
Talk to me before you place that order I may add a few thing to it,

I then have a reason to come visit too.

Reactions: gleeful

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
I try not to buy from China for a few reasons, one is they can take forever to get delivered but they do get here.

Now the country is opening up to air travel again things should start moving but there will be a huge backlog to clear.

·
Vendor
6,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I was just wondering if packages from China were being supported/getting through while packages from the U.S. were not. I'm clearly suspicious of such things, but with all the CCP interference in world affairs and blatant meddling in other countries it seemed possible.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
China has always delivered much quicker than the U.S. until covid hit, now it's gone from days to weeks to months.

·
Premium Member
6,047 Posts
I ordered a tiny package of mirror extenders from AliExpress months ago...just got it now. No conspiracy..just a supply line constraint no matter how big you are with perhaps the exception of Apple.

·
Premium Member
6,047 Posts
Apple is not having issues getting product through ...they have been hit by chip shortages.
Our other main supplier OWC has experienced a lot of supply chain issues.

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
21 - 40 of 64 Posts