StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched in every way I can think of, and can't find any mention of this problem.. so here goes.

I recently did a valve clearance check (ok), and leveled out the secondary throttle plates, replaced the plugs, checked the air filter (K&N), made sure the airbox boots were tight when reinstalling, then did a throttle body balance.

Strange performance... when cold starting, it starts right up, idling fast and smooth (as expected), then when the idle starts to slow back down after about 10-15 seconds, it idles pretty roughly, even sounding like it might die. When given throttle, it smooths out pretty well, no hesitation on take-off. After it warms up to about 1 1/2 - 2 bars, it idles fine... about 1200 or so.
It seems to accelerate well, no hesitation, sputtering, etc... it's just that strange rough idle when cold. It's never done that before. :confused:

Any ideas as to what could be the cause of this? Am I being overly picky? I can't imagine a new Wee doing this, so something must be slightly dorked up, right? I'm beginning to doubt my ability as a shade tree mechanic... :bom_shame:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts