StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting story on Cox heavy-handedness:

Got lots of similar attitude when I had to change out a couple of old DVR's. Many phone calls, many screwed-up orders, and numerous visits to the local store to get it resolved.

Not too long ago, their service man was out messing around on the pole and disconnected our cable (phone, TV, and internet). Took them 3 days to get someone back out to correct their mistake. No concern on their part that we were without phone service.

Locally, can get fiber for internet, but no TV service yet (maybe a deal with Cox?). Hopefully 5G will come to the rescue. At which point I will never pay Cox another nickle.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
The data connection on my T Mobile phone has been very slow at times for about three weeks now. Sometimes there isn't any connection. It wasn't like this before.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Like it said in the article, Cox hasn't upgraded the system and is trying to salvage the aging one. i don't have the TV service cus I don't watch that much TV.
The companies that provide all these electronic services are hosing the customers. ATT says it has fiber, yeah to a box down the street and then i's copper from there to here. Spectrum had trouble getting the service to the house. Then had trouble keeping it operational.
I remember years ago, decades actually, we had cable telly. $22 a month and the tech told me that as the customer base grew the cost should go down. Right.
Maybe Musk with his 1000's of satellites will save the day?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sure think Cox is charging plenty of money, and could afford to update their service. Cable has always been a shared utility, but nothing to keep them from running parallel service to smaller 'neighborhoods' to up the bandwidth. In my part of town, everything is still on poles, so pretty simple to do. Kinda funny they offer far more than they can provide (and charge for it), then criticize the customers when they actually try to use it.

Had quite a run-in with them recently when they demanded to update our aging DVR's. They all but insisted on voice remotes, and I resisted, for the same the reason I don't have 'smart' speakers. After agreeing to alternate equipment, they sent the voice remote stuff anyway, twice. Finally talked to a local manager, got the right boxes, but then one failed, and the the replacement failed too. Called the manager again, reamed him out, got one that works (so far). Really, really crappy service for a fairly hefty amount per month. Sadly, except for satellite or streaming, no real choice.

·
Registered
22,279 Posts
I have a commercial account, not the highest speed, but my upload speed = my download speed 50/50 (I transfer a lot of autocad drawing ) I have not experienced any slowdowns, not a gamer, so no need for faster. I have no problem streaming video/music on as many as 6 devices simultaneously

1 - 7 of 7 Posts