StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are 8 parts to this on youtube, I watched them all trying to learn as much as I can before I do this myself. It was done on a DL1000. I am betting he is a current or previous member here. The videos are extremely well done and display some gorgeous riding country. If anyone here is planning a solo ride or otherwise to Alaska, this is a good series of videos to watch. I am going to try and do this ride this summer if I am medically cleared. If you are here thank you for taking the time to do this. I learned a lot and really enjoyed them on a big screen LED TV. I would love to chat with you a bit.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
I'm thinking of heading up there this summer. I generally don't' watch most videos (and can't watch it right now at work anyway) but on your recommendation I will take a look over the next few days when I get some time.. :)

..Tom

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I'm heading up that way this summer although I wasn't planning on going all the way to Alaska, but I'll watch the videos on your recommendation.

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Any one heading up I'd suggest mid june or earlier ...less rain ...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The guy did a really good job, I'm not sure I like the chin mount on his helmet but credit given where due, the videos turned out great. I think I am going to opt for a Go Pro helmet mount. I am really going to try to make this ride this summer. My riding buddy had a stroke. We waited too long. It's taken on a new urgency since his stroke blindness and my cancer treatments. Its almost like it's now or never and never is not an option. I will probably do as the video guy did and ride solo. The Chili Beast is ready for the ride except for a bash plate, soft bags and a set of K60 Scouts.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I am sure you have a copy of the Milepost but if not, get one. Other than that, put it on your calendar and go! It is easier than you think but be prepared for rain; lots of it.

NC

There are 8 parts to this on youtube, I watched them all trying to learn as much as I can before I do this myself. It was done on a DL1000. I am betting he is a current or previous member here. The videos are extremely well done and display some gorgeous riding country. If anyone here is planning a solo ride or otherwise to Alaska, this is a good series of videos to watch. I am going to try and do this ride this summer if I am medically cleared. If you are here thank you for taking the time to do this. I learned a lot and really enjoyed them on a big screen LED TV. I would love to chat with you a bit.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I used to live in Whitehorse back in my high school days, still have friends up there.

Went back up on my Gunner in 2015 I believe, and we have a rag tag group going back up again this June.

If anyone wants to know anything about the BC routes available, I can offer my two bits. Just PM me anytime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts