StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To power a fuse box. Or do I need to get the other one that is like $35? I read the description and I thought that this would run the fusebox, but now I have my doubts. If I have my heated grips, jacket liner and aux lights running will this carry the load? Thanks in advance for your help.

Rear Brake Connector Relay Switching Adaptor

This pair of Sumitomo 2 pole connectors makes it easy to get a switched power source for switching a relay to control a fusebox or any other accessory on the bike.

All wires are factory crimped into the connectors and sheathed with high temperature VOX sheathing.

Add your own push on terminal to connect to your relay, or use a Posi-Lock to connect your switching wire directly. The adaptor is 24" (61 cm).

No more routing wires way up front, or tapping into the bike's wiring. The rear brake connector is close to an under seat fusebox and is wired to the same circuit as the bike's heated grip connector.

The rear brake connector's hot lead is hot whenever the bike is turned on. It is a perfect place to tap a small current for switching your fusebox or any other accessory.

NOTE: 650 ABS models have the brake light connector mounted under the coolant overflow tank. It's a bit more work to access and connect but it's not that difficult and still allows a plug and play connection without tapping a wire.
VStrom Rear Brake Connector Relay Switching Adaptor - $6.95
Quantity:
This is from eastern beaver. Trying to link it but cant get it to work.

RR

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have a Blue Seas fuse box so I do need that do I? I need this, correct?

30A Centech AP-2 Relay Kit for VStrom (no AP-2)

This Kit puts the AP-2 in the underseat tray. The relay goes behind the battery, and the adaptor plugs into the rear brake light connector. Everything you need is included except the AP-2: cable ties, two 30A fuses, and the Kit comes with the AP-2 terminals attached.

How come when I copy it it copies everything except the pic.

RR

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Right. If you have a fuse block that's all you need. Do add a voltmeter though. You won't be able to run all that stuff at once at full power without running down the battery. When the voltmeter reads under 12.6-12.8V, the system will be in discharge mode.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks greywolf, I appreciate the help. I suck when it comes to wiring, I know it should all be straight forward but I guess it just scares me too bad or something.

RR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts