StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened the wire loom in left rear, that I picked up in the opening next to the seat box plastic deal.(to the tail assembly I imagine)
There is a light brown wire with green spots every few inches (? "tracer")
I am thinking it is the one described below as lisence or tail light?
A good one to use?:

D. Tail Light wire. This is the Brown wire running in the tail harness along the left rear subframe. After the tail harness connector (located at the rear of the subframe) it is the Green wire. Note: This wire is HOT when the key is in the Park position. This is good to use if you what to run accessories without having the ignition on. But, if in park for an emergency and using emergency flashers your accessories will be energized.

4. Tail Section wire colors. First listed color will be as it is in the tail harness running along the left rear subframe. The Second color is after the connector located at the rear end of the subframe (this is the part that actually connects to the lights).

A. Tail Light – Brown & then Green
B. Stop Light – White/Black & then White/Black
C. Left Turn – Black & then Black
D. Right Turn – Light Green & then Light Green
E. License - Brown & then Green (Same as Tail)

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The tail light wire changes from brown to gray, not green. G is green, Lg is light green and Gr is gray in the diagram. The dots on the Br wire are to aid length measurement. They have nothing to do with the color code. The one thing to be aware of using a brown or gray wire for a trigger wire is they are hot when the ignition is in Park.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ! Waterproof switch

I couldn't find brown wire with green dots on the wiring diagram and that explains why !
Much to learn and info on this website has been invaluable, esp your advice

I will look up what a "trace" means; stripe is evident

I am running the trigger wire through a switch so I can turn off the relay when running (or in Park) and a second switch to turn on/off the part of the Centech AP-2 that is not on the relay

I think the amperage draw will be low enough so the 12 feet of 12 g wire and 35A rated water proof switch should be OK got a GPS and phone charger

(NAPA 786133 if anyone is looking for a cheap waterproof switch at the NAPA store)
Manufacturer detail
Dorman Products - 85943

1 - 3 of 3 Posts