StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a DL1000 in my area with 21000 miles in good shape. It has hard luggage, aftermarket windshield, and is going with two sets of ridding gear. They are asking 6200 for everything. I just wanted to pick the brains of the knowledgeable people on this site. Is this a good price or should I offer lower. I appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I found a DL1000 in my area with 21000 miles in good shape. It has hard luggage, aftermarket windshield, and is going with two sets of ridding gear. They are asking 6200 for everything. I just wanted to pick the brains of the knowledgeable people on this site. Is this a good price or should I offer lower. I appreciate any information you could give me. Thanks!!!
What year? Seems high to me.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Always offer lower no matter what the price is--without being a total jerk. You get more of the whole story when you start talking price.

What year is this bike? If its an '02 or '03 it seems pretty high in price. If its a '08 or '09, it has a lot of miles. Is this the first one you've looked at? I always look at several, and you will more likely tell which ones are too high and which ones are low. It's a buyer's market right now.

·
Registered
255 Posts
What year?
If its an '02 or '03 it seems pretty high in price. If its a '08 or '09, it has a lot of miles.
+1 on both these quotes. I bought my '04 DL1000, 2,500 miles, OEM hard side cases and top box, in "like new" condition, for $5,500. The market then was better than it is today, so depending upon the year this could definitely be a pretty high price... In any case, good luck and have fun looking!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts