StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying my first bike and I'm settled on the V-Strom. I have a bike in mind, its a '06 650 with Givi E35's (I think they are 35's or maybe 45's), skid plate, engine guards, 25K miles, new Anakee tires, chain replaced 6K miles ago, doesn't look like its ever been laid down, always street driven. The original owner is asking around $5,500 and I wanted to know if you think this is too high, if so, how much are people paying for one with this many miles?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Even with the extras, it sounds quite high to me. KBB had a retail value of $5000 for this year, and you can buy a new one for around $6,000. Extras are notorious for losing their value once installed and the seller should not expect to receive retail value for them.

I do not think that 25,000 miles is a lot, but there are other services that may be needed. New brakes, a thottle body sync (TBS), coolant replacement, and brake bleeding all come to mind.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Way too much! I bought my new '08 for $6050. I bought the case on Ebay for New/ no miles. With that kind of miles on it, maybe $4000 at most. Even that would be generous.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts