StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found this one. I am assuming the front end is modded... is this a sign it was rebuilt or is this a mod to get? She'll take $2900 right now... says house payment is due. I haven't seen it, but it seems like a fair deal if it is a nice machine, but I wonder about the front end and maybe it was crashed and rebuilt even thought the title is clear. I'll go look at it tomorrow. Anywho... your advice is much appreciated. CL add says:

Not many older wees come up in my area.

2005 Suzuki Vstrom 650. Fun on road and off road bike.
Runs great! 27,672 miles. Never laid down, no damage.
Fuel Injection, Dual Cylinder
Tough Bike! Asking $3,300.00
Hard shell side boxes, leather side bags with water bottle/holder
If you have any questions please reply via email
Thanks!!
NO TRADES

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Noxfi4sqojo/TqzoaIztQBI/AAAAAAAAAuA/vDiRc7kS4as/s960/2.jpg

·
Registered
899 Posts
This sure has all the look and feel of a rebuild from a front-end collision. I'd keep looking. Bent frame components are difficult to diagnose by eye. If it was "never laid down" and has "no damage" what happened to the fairing? Even if the owner decided to mod it into a dirt bike, you'd think that they would have saved the parts. Doesn't add up.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
It's prolly been crashed. This is not to say it's a bad bike, but the price is way too high for an '05. They retailed for $6500.

·
Registered
899 Posts
There's a local guy here who makes part of his living from buying sport bikes that have been low-sided and turning them into naked street fighters. These are bikes that have been written off by the insurance company due to the cost of fixing the plastic. This looks like that kind of thing.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd pass. Looks like a salvage job.

BTW, where is "Where GOD pees"? I think I might want to avoid that area. :LOL:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Take a test ride. If it rides good, tracks straight with hands off, corners good, consider it. The looks might be her ex-hubby's idea of a good looking bike. Double check the title to see that the signature is true and that the VIN matches the bike.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My buddy bought an '04 with similar mileage, Wilbers shock, Emulators/springs, Givi crash bars, Givi racks, heated grips and a few other nice mods for $2000 in the middle of summer. I wouldn't pay anywhere near what she's asking, especially given the likelihood that it's been crashed. Winter is coming. You'll be able to find much better deals than that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts