StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to House of motorcycles(El Cajon) Fun Bike center and spoke with another. No Test Drives WTF. IT's not a fricking Ninja 1400?

I dont get it. at BMW you can test drive bikes all day and many are double and triple the price.

HELP.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
What were you planning on testing. There are no Wees around. There are a few Vees. Still the answerer would probably be no test drive.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
test ride

I want to test a GL 650 and a GL 1000.

I also want to test a few BMWs. such as the f650. and 1150 GS.

the issue is will I be ok. 2 up on the WEE with.

me- 155lbs
Wife- 105 lbs.
gear- 50 lbs.

310 lbs.

I like the power of the Vee. but the Milage of the wee is great. tough choice.

Plenty of used ones around. for 4400-6500 in both 650-and 1000.

·
Registered
22,323 Posts
unlike the european manufacturers that have test drive programs , the japanese manufacturers don't so, it's up to each individual dealer, the vast majority don't.

if you can find a dealer that rents bikes, you could rent one for a weekend, the only way to really try a bike, what do you really learn in a few miles that you don't know just sitting on bike in showroom

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I can't ride it, I won't buy it. That's how I got my Wee last summer instead of an 800 beemer. BMW wouldn't let me ride the 800, so I just sat on it, went vroom vroom and told the salesman I couldn't picture myself on it.

Reminds me of a Cream song: "I'm So Glad!"

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
A year and a half ago Escondido Cycle Center practically begged me to test ride their 650 when I was looking at the 1000. "Just call, we'll get it serviced and set up an appointment." They thought it was more suited to my type of riding. They also let me test ride the 1000 back in '02 and offered a test ride on a 750 Nighthawk back in '98.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
I go to the local bike shows for my test rides.. Where else could one test out a ZX1400.... Theres a bike that will leave you shakeing...... Never even seen a Strom for test rides. I bought mine unriden and unheard. But after lurking here for two years I felt like I knew the bike already.... It is everything I was told...............Nice

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought it also after reading about it and sitting on it. Personally I don't want to buy a bike that somebody else rode. The first 20 miles are mine to break in my way.

Another poster got it right. If you want to test ride, rent one for a day.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
It's not that close to you but Mission Motorsports in Irvine let me test drive a Vee (could have also chosen a wee) when I was shopping last July.

Tom

·
Registered
63 Posts
I want to test a GL 650 and a GL 1000.

I also want to test a few BMWs. such as the f650. and 1150 GS.

the issue is will I be ok. 2 up on the WEE with.

me- 155lbs
Wife- 105 lbs.
gear- 50 lbs.

310 lbs.

I like the power of the Vee. but the Milage of the wee is great. tough choice.

Plenty of used ones around. for 4400-6500 in both 650-and 1000.
I weigh that much all by myself:rolleyes:

I have a V, awesome bike but if you are going to ride with all that weight often you will probably end up upgrading the suspension. If it is just once in a while you will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts