StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The online shops are driving me insane. I'm just trying to get front disc pads for my 2015 DL-650 ABS
They will tell me the part fits my bike but the pic doesn't match, the y don't mention the left and right are different
and worst of all they give no part number so you can verify that you have the right item!
How the hell is that a way to do business?
I had the same issue with the rear brake pads. Finally went down to Cycle Gear (which had ZERO online results on my bike) and the guy found 3 brands.
I asked him how come the web site lists none and he shrugged.
So - where can I get the actual part numbers and/or look them up online?
Another gripe - I spent $80 for the genuine Suzuki service manual - they have part numbers for all the special tools they want you to use but not one damned part # or suggestion for any of the consumables.
Just ridiculous they don't provide that info - it;s like a big secret or something.
What kind of service manual doesn't reference parts for things like air filters, spark plugs and brake pads?
Grrrrrr

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FWIW I think the proper part #'s for EBC are:
EBC Brakes FA229HH left
EBC Brakes FA231HH right

Can anyone verify?

·
Vendor
4,711 Posts
EBC brakes are good, Galfer are good. Both use their own numbering system. Was there any specific reason you wanted the Suzuki part number? The stock pads are semi metallic. All the major brake companies offer semi metallic (good all around compound) and sinterred (heavy duty braking for racing or carrying heavy loads, but wear pads and discs faster).

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EBC brakes are good, Galfer are good. Both use their own numbering system. Was there any specific reason you wanted the Suzuki part number?
No - ANY part number. My beef is that none of the shops I checked for parts list a part # so I can cross reference to make sure I have the right part. I think I finally got the Galfer part# - FD174 / FD179, but these are also HH sintered (seems like that's what anything I can find is pushing). They do not however show as fitting a 2015. 2012 yes. sigh
As I stated also NONE of them even indicate that there is a separate left and right side. How can I possibly know that I have the right part?
A suzuki part number is always a good idea because then you have a reference point to double-check.
I've had parts sites absolutely steer me to the wrong part and they want me to pay to send it back.
Last night when I was searching I had three that sent me to rear brakes in spite of having FRONT spelled out in the search. Seems like search is getting dumber not smarter - and this with sites that have my bike listed in my "garage"!
Here's a Revzilla example:

Aggravating since you KNOW they have something!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW - anyone heard of Motodin brake pads? They came up in a search but they're cheap so I'm leery.

·
Vendor
4,711 Posts
Well if your looking for Galfer brake pads we have them for all model DL650s discounted and ready to go in the mail.

As far as part numbers go, all the major parts houses use Suzuki parts diagrams and list the Suzuki part numbers. Here is an example page for a 2017 DL650 front brakes.

2017 Suzuki DL650A FRONT CALIPER | CyclePartsNation Suzuki Parts Nation

These pages are useful for determining compatibility and changes between models.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well if your looking for Galfer brake pads we have them for all model DL650s discounted and ready to go in the mail.
So your page has this:
Adventuretech stocks two of Galfer brake pad compounds for V-Stroms. These pads fit all 2002 to 2012 DL1000s and all DL650s, both ABS and non-ABS versions.
I have a 2015?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I got a full set, front and rear for my 2014 650 on eBay not a problem. The brand was Sixity, they are sintered and work well. Yes they were inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put the Tokico 6 piston calipers on my Trophy years ago. I've been using the Sixity ceramic pads from eBay ever since. I can't get them anymore now that we've moved to the east coast since they won't ship to Canada so likely EBC HH in the future. When we lived in BC we were in a border town and had a USA address for shipping & receiving.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope it says 20002 to 2012 DL1000s and all year DL650s.

All year and model DL650 use the same pads. Or do you have a DL1000?
Ah - I had to read it twice. My wife is an Oxford comma fan for a reason ;)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rick (once again) is right on this.
I would use him or SV to get my 'safety' related parts from, just my opinion...

·
Registered
215 Posts
I got a full set, front and rear for my 2014 650 on eBay not a problem. The brand was Sixity, they are sintered and work well. Yes they were inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The other side of the coin I bought a set of no name rear pads for my Vee on eBay and they were terrible. Had to replace them with some EBC pads that work fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts