StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my fairly new Windows 10 laptop using Edge or Chrome, navigating this site is extremely slow, takes about 10 seconds for anything to happen after clicking on anything, even just scrolling down the screen, even just typing this sentence. I'm assuming it's all the adds doing their thing, but I'm not an expert. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I don't think its the ads.
These pages load instantly on my Windows 7 machine.
Do you have enough memory for 10?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe not, only 4 GB, 3.6 useable according to system properties... Bottom left of screen is showing that it's constantly waiting for cache... or sites (ads) to load...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks korny, I think that might be the issue. Tried it on my work computer which has 8 GB and it's much faster.

I'm assuming the premium membership has less adds. Maybe that will help until I can upgrade my computer...

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
4 GB is fine for surfacing the Internet. Test your Internet on other sites and see what response time you are getting on those other pages.

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) should have an Internet Speed Test Program. Run the test and it will let you know how fast your connection is running.

Another issue could be a Virus, Adware, etc. Do you have virus protection?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@bruce. Running Windows Defender that came with Windows 10 which include anti-malware & anti-virus. Did a Malware Bytes scan, nothing found...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It actually seems a bit faster right now, not sure if someone changed something with my account. If so, thanks!

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
@bruce. Running Windows Defender that came with Windows 10 which include anti-malware & anti-virus. Did a Malware Bytes scan, nothing found...
Those are good checks. For now, we can rule out viruses, malware, etc.

I have a few troubleshooting questions
1. Is StromTrooper.Com the only site that is slow or are other sites slow, in general.
2. Can you smoothly stream video on YouTube.com or does it pause at times and then start again.
3. Who is you Internet Service Provider (ISP). And, is it Cable or DSL.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Most sites are ok, only sites that have ads popping all over the place give me trouble.

Youtube is smooth.

I have FIOS...

For some reason, right now, I'm not seeing any adds? Using Chrome today. Not sure why it's better right now. Strange...

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Most sites are ok, only sites that have ads popping all over the place give me trouble.

Youtube is smooth.

I have FIOS...

For some reason, right now, I'm not seeing any adds? Using Chrome today. Not sure why it's better right now. Strange...

Thanks.
From what I read about Verizon FIOS, the minimum speed is 50mbs, very good. You can test your speed using the following link:
Speed Test

Run the speed test when everything seems to be running fine and then again when things appear slow. If your speeds are adequate and don't vary much would point back to the Internet Site as the slow poke. Maybe (with adds) StromTrooper.Com is a" Turtle". We shall see.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@bruce. Thanks, I'll test it out. Not seeing any annoying popup ads right now which is awesome... so my guess is that it is the ads, just not sure why they are suddenly missing. hopefully they will stay away... I know they help the site, but sometimes they are like a virus...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts