StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife hates the position of the passenger footpegs. She always feels like she is sliding into me on decline or braking and complains that she can not brace her self with her feet because the footpegs are not forward enough. She is about 120lb and 5'5". Is there a way to have her feet move forward 6" or more with relocation kit or anything like that ? She really hates riding the V-Strom (DL650) with me for this single reason :( .
Any help would be appreciated.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
From this picture, it would not seem possible without her wearing your boots too. Perhaps a belt with passenger grab handles would help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If a topcase is present. The passenger can ride with hands on rider's back.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Greywolf, that sounds like a sensible approach. You would feel the hands and know where the pressure will be applied during a fast stop. My SO tends to ride with her hands folded in her lap. During a faster than normal stop she reached for anything to hang onto (me) and scared me so bad we almost crashed.

·
Registered
387 Posts
water warrior said:
Greywolf, that sounds like a sensible approach. You would feel the hands and know where the pressure will be applied during a fast stop. My SO tends to ride with her hands folded in her lap. During a faster than normal stop she reached for anything to hang onto (me) and scared me so bad we almost crashed.
It helps a ton too if the passenger keeps their hands as low on your back as possible. Much easier to soak the force of their weight up with your legs. On my old cruiser with forwards, I could put all the force on my legs and easily hold two people. With the strom you need some squeeze muscle but it's doable.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Yah Rocky, we should get out and practice that just to be on the safe side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts