StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Stock TW just hit 10k and I'm in the process of ordering some new tires.
I went out to the garage to have a look at the wear bars, I realized without my glasses I can't see that close, and I just stepped on my spare set this morning. Can one of you fine fellows have a look at this pic and tell me if the wear bar looks flush to you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not quite there to me. I just changed my stocks with 7.5K miles. Front obviously had more miles left but best to have 2 new.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
How does it feel?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bar feels close to to the surface. The tires were feeling squirrely from having such a bad flat spot. That's why I was ordering a new set. I just checked the bars to confirm my suspicion.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Looks ready to change to me. I'm impressed you got 10k out of the TW. My rear TW looked like yours at less than 7K. My front TW still had plenty of tread at 10K but started to show signs of loosing traction. Scared me enough to park the bike until new rubber was spooned on.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm a slowpoke so I'm pretty easy on tires.

·
Registered
15,498 Posts
When my tires look like that I change them. They won't go far and if a ride came up you'd not have good tread for the purpose.
Don't be cheap, get new rubber. And work on the sides more!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When my tires look like that I change them. They won't go far and if a ride came up you'd not have good tread for the purpose.
Don't be cheap, get new rubber. And work on the sides more!
They already had a good flat spot when I got them. The previous owner did a lot of highway miles, not that that there is much in the way of curves down in my neck of the woods either.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The tires aren't fully good until they wear down to the bars and then immediately bad. The performance of the tread diminishes somewhat proportionally as the tread wears down.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
The performance of the tread diminishes somewhat proportionally as the tread wears down.
That is doubly true when you get off the asphalt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts