StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
The case was well made! The video evidence speaks for itself, for sure.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ive watched many youtube videos. Mostly in regards to vstroms, exhaust sounds and the occasional how to video. Yours is the very first that I voted "like" to.

Well done and thanks for sharing

Cheers

Nem

·
Registered
1,587 Posts

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Here is a video I made to address this question:

Is the Suzuki V-Strom an Adventure Bike? - YouTube
Of course it's an Adventure Bike! :thumbup:

Mine has taken me to some fantastic destinations, accessible only because the V-Strom can take you there.

EVERY RIDE AN ADVENTURE

This reminds me of a thread I started awhile ago, not long after I first came on board the forum:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2012/119033-why-get-bike-not-take-off-road.html

Great video too, will subscribe to your channel :yesnod:

·
Registered
817 Posts
:thumbup:............

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Yep, it is an Adventure bike. I have been on mine in the back of Mammoth Cave National Park. Now I don't recommend the Wee for single track and don't ride them any more but mine has done them. No video because I didn't get my GoPro until after I had quit riding single track (due to my health, not because of my bike). Folks it is not the bike, it is the rider. I grew up riding off road and that is what makes the difference. The bikes we had for offroad back in the late 60's and early 70's were not as good as the Wee but we still took them into some amazing places.

·
Registered
75 Posts
That was a fantastic vid. Very well done. As I learned last year on my wee, get off the seat on the pegs and you can take much more interesting paths.

·
Adventure Traveler
285 Posts
Great video! !

Mine have taken me on many "adventures" both on & off road. A fair amount of 650 Stroms have gone up & down the Dalton to Prudhoe Bay & back. Also saw a few on my recent trip to Death Valley & Mojave.

I'd rather go do the adventures than debate what is the best bike to do it on... I've had a few riders on KTMs & Beemers tell me I couldn't do this or that trail or pass, on my back from there. I'm glad I didn't know any better.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It is when I go into the woods, every ride is an adventure, some more adventourous than others :yikes:

·
Registered
6,646 Posts
Actually I do not believe any manufacturer makes an adventure bike

Non have

Real bash plate
real engine protection if they take a nap
Real tires for offy roady
Dirt biased suspension\
Some kind of beefy luggage

So the answer is no but neither are their bikes Adventure Bikes

If you start with a Strom you will get to real adventure much cheaper