StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the tank ring on a sv650 is the same as the weestrom. Found this link where the guy fabricated his own tank bag with ring using the cortech one on motorcycle superstore but it only list the sv650 part and no weestrom. Here's the link if you guys are interested in the write up. Hope someone knows.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827927

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
You can get tank rings for V-Stroms. Call and ask if you can't find out for sure on the web site. I had a Bags-Connection tank ring from Twisted Throttle on my '05 Wee.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind. After looking at various sites I realized it is not the same as the sv650. It is the same as the 1999 bandit and hayabusa though. Think I might order one of these and try it out on my weestrom tankbag. Sure saves a lot of money over the swmotech ones I've been wanting. Nice upgrade for this interested.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can get tank rings for V-Stroms. Call and ask if you can't find out for sure on the web site. I had a Bags-Connection tank ring from Twisted Throttle on my '05 Wee.
Saw those ones and have been wanting one. Just didn't want to pay especially since I have a tank bag I really like. Think I'll try the one from motorcycle superstore and mod my bag to use it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts