StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this is an old question. I did several searches and found nothing but a seven year old thread I started myself. :headbang:

Several years ago, when I was active on this site, there was a (questionable) company called "Eurobike" that sold a lower fairing kit for the DL650/1000 for about 500 bucks. I found an old link, but it doesn't seem to work. Did they go out of business or is the lower fairing still available?

I bumped an old thread of mine from 2007, asking the same question, but got no replies, so I thought I'd start fresh and ask here. :bom_smiley2:

Here's a pic of the fairing I'm talking about.
Vstrom 05 1000.jpg

·
Registered
181 Posts
I know which one you are talking about and I love how those look. I hope you find it and post pics:mrgreen:

·
Registered
327 Posts
There was a recent thread a couple of months ago........ I can't find it....

I think what you're looking for is the supplier from France
JMVCONCEPT leader en carenage moto

I also do happen to have a set which I am debating what to do with.... I'm thinking I may keep my current crash bar configuration instead, but was toying with the idea of trying the fairings......... I'll know soon.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Bigt, I'm on my way this morning to look at this Wee:

If I do buy it, the lower fairing is coming off and getting replaced with engine guards and skid plate. I'll let you know later today.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think that looks pretty cool. Just put sliders on there and your good.
That's what I was thinking. I'm not sure where you'd mount them, but I'm sure there's a place.

If I do buy it, the lower fairing is coming off and getting replaced with engine guards and skid plate. I'll let you know later today.
Thanks for the offer, but I haven't actually bought the bike yet, though, coincidentally, the bike I'm looking at right now is that exact color. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm going to bump this and see if anyone knows where to get the lower fairing kit these days?

I'm buying a 2008 DL650 in a few weeks and would like to get the lower fairings.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Did these lower fairings help in cold weather? Did they block any wind from your body?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
In my opinion...the 1000 version looks better integrated than the 650 version due to the black grilles/trim of the 1000 side panels.

I think there were at least 2 diff mfgs who offered those lower cowlings. Mabe VSRI has the info.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts