StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got that one at the Peoria National TT races this past weekend. I've also had, Is that a Yamaha? And of course, Nice BMW!

BTW, the Suzuki emblems fell off the day after I brought it home.

Anyone else getting comments?

Haven't had a Harley comment yet. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yes! I've had two remarks so far while traveling that they initially thought it was a Ducati! Presumably the Multistrada, but I don't think they had a clear enough impression of the lineup.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Maybe you should install one of these:

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have gotten a few comments on mine. Usually starting with, "Is that a BMW?" I always reply, "No, its a Suzuki. BMW copied it and made it more expensive."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have gotten a few comments on mine. Usually starting with, "Is that a BMW?" I always reply, "No, its a Suzuki. BMW copied it and made it more expensive."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App
I'm gonna start using this reply - LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free - which means there WILL be spelling or word transposition errors.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've gotten the "Is that a BMW?" question, but if somebody asked me if it was a Ducati, I would look at them as if they had two heads!

Hilarious; thanks for sharing.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
At least a Ducati is an L-Twin. I once got asked if it was a Bandit.

·
Administrator
13,582 Posts
At least a Ducati is an L-Twin. I once got asked if it was a Bandit.
I can see that. When I first started getting serious about buying a Strom I once mistook a Bandit for a V-Strom.

..Tom

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've gotten "Nice BMW" :confused: WTF- My Wee has the FULL Suzuki signage still intact.

·
Registered
318 Posts
In the last week I have been at our local bikers coffee stop three times.Up on the mountain completely surrounded by a huge variety of motorcycles and not one bloke showed even the slightest interest in my new Wee :confused:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Or, get the shirt!
Screw the shirt, I'll take the axe.

I had a red ES335, 1971-ish, that I was keeping for a friend going through a tough time. Plugged into a Fender amp, I felt lust like Exile-era Keef.

On a Bultaco, of course.

·
Registered
536 Posts
In the last week I have been at our local bikers coffee stop three times.Up on the mountain completely surrounded by a huge variety of motorcycles and not one bloke showed even the slightest interest in my new Wee :confused:
Proof of it's underwhelming style? To me, that is a good thing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Just the other day a couple of guys asked me "what kind of motorcycle is that?". I answered "a big black one".

·
Registered
418 Posts
Haha, yeah. Our local Starbucks is a bit of a scenic pit stop for bikers from all over the northwest. This weekend I was parked next to two gleaming red Ducatis from Washington state, a glossy black Harley bagger, a custom chopper that some guy rode over from Alberta, and a couple of nicely restored vintage CBRs.

Pretty as the 2012 Wee is, it might as well have been invisible. :biggrinjester:

Especially with the plain black Kappa luggage on, it's looks like the Ford Explorer of motorcycles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Most people just ask me "WTF is that thing?!", mind you it has 3 big Caribou Cases luggage, skid plate w/long black highway pegs, crash bars, X-Creen windscreen, hand guards, and a beadrider seat...so maybe it is confusing looking to some.

One guy asked me what the hell I did to my SV1000 though, that was fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts