StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Wee 2007 with 17k miles.
Last weekend I used heated glove line kit from Powerlet.

The instruction warned that setting the digital controller should be adjusted no higher than 3-4.
I kept it at H3 for a while and was really feeling hot spots between my fingers. Reducing to H2 felt like I'm turning power completely off. In a short time my fingers were getting cold and I had to increase setting to H3. In a moment I was getting uncomfortable again. So my game for that day was going back and forth between H2 and H3 which is not very comfortable to do it in clumsy thick gloves over tiny buttons on a digital controller.

At the end of the day I got burns between my fingers. Blisters are really hurting, also I could clearly see spiral marks on the back of my hand.

I called the technical support at Powerlet and they were very polite and suspect that I've got a faulty set and will replace it with a new product from a new batch. But technician asked me what bike do I have and if my charging system is ok? He said that 15V can cause this problem.

Well, I measured idling voltage directly on a battery at 5k rpm and it was 14.6V. Is it too high or withing specs?

Thanks,

Ed

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Well, I measured idling voltage directly on a battery at 5k rpm and it was 14.6V. Is it too high or withing specs?
14.8V is the maximum the regulator should allow. You're fine. Saying idling voltage at 5000rpm is disconcerting though I expect you meant running at 5k.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts