StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my quest 2 with the suction cup, cradle, etc.. from edge gps.
I see that the Ram mounts use a 1" ball, but the cradle that came with my unit and the adjoing suction mount use the small plastic ball (may 3/4"??) It is for auto use of course.
I would like to simply purchase a ram 1" ball and use the cradle I have already, since the units power goes through the cradle via the 12 volt plug.
Any ideas that are reasonable?? I dont feel like reinventing the wheel and purchasing the arm, etc... Do I need some kind of adapter???? I was thinking I would build a shelf and mount the 1' ball on it and mount the cradle to the ball straight away... eliminating the need for the arm, etc.. and I could use the cradle I have...:???::???:

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I bought some RAM components (so I could add a video camera) from a website that specializes in them - they have all the bits. You could price out replacing what you need.

I think it was expressmounts.com, can't find the order.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I used the ball from one of those bungee loops - it was just the right size, but required trimming off a ridge around the equator. It even had a countersink so that a flat-head bolt would be hidden.

·
Registered
238 Posts
This sounds like what you need - different mounting options for the components: http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?item=RAM-BA

KevinL
VA

I just received my quest 2 with the suction cup, cradle, etc.. from edge gps.
I see that the Ram mounts use a 1" ball, but the cradle that came with my unit and the adjoing suction mount use the small plastic ball (may 3/4"??) It is for auto use of course.
I would like to simply purchase a ram 1" ball and use the cradle I have already, since the units power goes through the cradle via the 12 volt plug.
Any ideas that are reasonable?? I dont feel like reinventing the wheel and purchasing the arm, etc... Do I need some kind of adapter???? I was thinking I would build a shelf and mount the 1' ball on it and mount the cradle to the ball straight away... eliminating the need for the arm, etc.. and I could use the cradle I have...:???::???:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts