StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am taking delivery of a 2006 v-strom 1000 on Friday and I need some advice on the electronics. I am wanting to get a gps like a tom tom, streetpilot etc that gives audible directions but also to be able to use it in the truck. I would like for it to have xm radio , bluetooth and play mp3's(also for the xm to work in the truck as well). Now for the tricky part.....I'ld also like for my cell phone to work through the bluetooth and also my audible alarms for my valentine one radar detector......is it possible to make all that work within one system or am I asking for too much? If I had to give up on one thing it would be the feature for the cell phone but I really need/want the directions, xm and the valentine alarms on it. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
That can all be done on the Zumo 550. The only think I'm not sure of is the radar detector. You may need a Autocom or something like that to intergrate the radar detector.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you really like the TomTom, get an AMA membership first. TomTom gives $100 off of the Rider (I think) to AMA members. Also, you get discounts at the Red Roof Inn. My membership paid for itself with the discounts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts