StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Administrator
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or my imagination, that sees an awful lot of Strom issues being reported lately?

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
Little ones maybe. No catastrophic failures on either model that I can see.
I agree. Most of what I've seen have been electrical problems mostly caused by old batteries or overloading the system. Maybe I missed them but I haven't seen anything really major either.

I do, however, admit that there have been a TON of little problems recently.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I was having clutch issues and so I tightened the bolt on the cable and it is now fixed. Does that count?

I've seen more problems reported on the new tiger that has been out for just a few months than I see on stroms.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have a big problem with my Strom. I've had since day one I owned it... Just today, I went through Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Tiger, Aprilia, Ducatti, Moto Guzzi, even BMW motorcycle cites looking for bike I'd want to change. Fcuk, nothing caught my eye or interested me... How do I fix that?

I'll probably stop by Harley-Davidson tomorrow... Maybe the chrome and leather and all the gadgets will kick into me...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The bikes are getting older and more miles because most riders here actually ride the bikes. :thumbup:

Example mine now has the dreaded chutter :thumbdown: so later this winter Ill be doing the simple Shelby washer mod.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
or my imagination, that sees an awful lot of Strom issues being reported lately?
No problems with the Stroms.

But, I've noticed the ditches full of dead C-14's.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
No problems with the Stroms.

But, I've noticed the ditches full of dead C-14's.
Yeah, well, I'm sure you've heard the old saying: Half the C-14's ever built are still on the toad today. The other half made it back home OK.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I have a big problem with my Strom. I've had since day one I owned it... Just today, I went through Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Tiger, Aprilia, Ducatti, Moto Guzzi, even BMW motorcycle cites looking for bike I'd want to change. Fcuk, nothing caught my eye or interested me... How do I fix that?

I'll probably stop by Harley-Davidson tomorrow... Maybe the chrome and leather and all the gadgets will kick into me...
I'm pretty much in the same camp, only there's a Harley in the garage. In fact I just got back from a ride on it. Compared to the DL, riding it is more like a chore. Still, the Harley Dealers are more liberal with test rides. Take one out from each of the five HD lines and you'll be even more convinced.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts

In the last two weeks I've had the opportunity to test ride the Tenere, Tiger 800(non xc), and 2010 Concours. While there are a few things I liked about those bikes, namely power, none of them were convincing enough for me to abandon the Strom.

Now to get back on topic, my bike blew a fuse two times on a recent trip to Asheville. I believe the reason to be two very wet days and my hack job of wiring conspicuity leds. Thankfully I planned ahead and have a box of spare fuses. Otherwise no problems other than operator error. :hurray:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Mine has a big issue, it keeps using gas, oil and tires.

Damn it.

·
Administrator
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah it has been little problems, just seems to be a ton of them lately.

·
Administrator
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, well, I'm sure you've heard the old saying: Half the C-14's ever built are still on the toad today. The other half made it back home OK.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)
Only because some riders can't properly handle them!:fineprint:

·
Administrator
17,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That or the TC kicks in when not needed and causes the spill (known issue).
Don't have traction control on my 2008, first that I have heard of any issues with it. What is the source of your info? I live on this site http://www.zggtr.org/index.php and am not aware of any issues that you speak of.

·
Registered
522 Posts
A buddy over in Peoria had this happen to him. Another TC induced crash was also documented in one of the magazines when tested. I wish I could remember which one it was, but it escapes me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts