StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fight for a week back in the fall to get back on and give up in disgust.

Then I finally decide I miss the place and try again. Two hours yesterday and the system never sends me a registration link reply within 24 hours.

Today I start again, changing my user name, password etc and finally break the firewall.

Then, while on another forum I come back and I am off line. Now it will not accept my new password when I try to log back in. So, I reset it with a system generated one.

I could hack into NORAD easier.:confused:

It's going to be harder than this to get rid of me again.:furious:

·
Super Moderator
16,229 Posts
Yup......the whole security fustercluck implemented by VS has not been well received, nor was it even necessary IMHO.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small price to pay. I am hard headed.....it eventually worked. Hope to see you in the spring.

I may even have farkles by then. My Tenere is currently naked. I am waiting on a bunch of stuff to arrive. My wife was amazed what she bought me for Christmas....she figured it out as the MasterCard started pinging.

·
Registered
974 Posts
all things in'ernet...sigh.

i'm kicked off of here about every four days. one admin personnel suggested certain browsers are the cause; i use google chrome and duckduckgo. i continue to use the password issued to me post-hack.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, Its keeping my info now. I am running Firefox.....which seems to be pretty reliable everywhere else. Maybe it was just teething pains.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Well at least you made it back. There are a lot that haven't.
Yeah, it sure seems like the forum suffered a massive stroke with the most awesome "security enhancements". Overall engagement has fallen way off, while the drooling persists... >:)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Sign In Everyday

i was required to sign in this morning. had to do it again before i could post this......sigh
I have to SIGN IN everytime I drop in if I intend to POST (it takes about 20 seconds) Otherwise, I can READ ONLY just by dropping by.

I dont save ANY PASSWORDS (ever) on my TAB or PC.

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
No problem, I hit the link, sign on and check the daily entries.....a few times a day. I have no other life.
Youse crying about signing on? such a travesty.
Once I was sent a new password and then changed to my choice I haven't had a problem.
When I goof and write my password with the log on I do a memory dump and clear the registers. I do that with regularity anyhoo.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I would totally agree with the stroke analogy of this forum. Got quiet and lost motor function and has well really quieted down remarkably. We will have to see if it bounces back this spring.

Google chrome on MacBook Pro and mobile no stability issues. Just enter password every time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts