StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
. . . upon installing these on a Wee? I've read the boldfaced disclaimer about midway down the page, but wanted to get your real-world perspectives.

Thanks for your time and patience.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I didn't need to reroute anything, but I did need to work a bit of slack in the wire bundles.

Other than that it was smooth sailing all the way.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks, Bimjo and ABS.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
saw the pic of hanna is that a stock wind shield ?
Yep, Joe, it's a stock shield chopped down 5" from the top, and a vent cut in the bottom (the vent could be more shallow, but it works well as deep as it is). Roughed up the inside surface with 100 grit paper, wiped it down, then sprayed 3 coats of flat black on the inside with 20 minutes between coats in direct sunlight.

Crude, but it works well enough for me.

edit: Oh yeah, the shield's in the top position.

·
Registered
273 Posts
. . . upon installing these on a Wee? I've read the boldfaced disclaimer about midway down the page, but wanted to get your real-world perspectives.

Thanks for your time and patience.
So, did your install go smoothly?

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
123 Posts
Whistler........put that set on my '06. Took about 10 minutes. No re-routing and plenty of slack left in the lines.
I like them.
Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hiya - yes, just fitted these up-and-back raisers on my Wee-Strom ok, and they make a huge improvement - much more authority of steering control, especially at low speeds. I also did 100 miles yesterday, flat out in pouring rain, fully loaded with full Givis plus tent etc, and felt a lot more confident with the raisers on.
Fitting is easy - no need to extend anything. But take the brake hose out of the wire clip on the top yoke, and bend the wire clip on the bottom yoke a little so that the hose can run up a little more vertically (you don't need to take the clip off - just bend the wire bit in situe with a screwdriver or something).
Oh - and when fitting the risers, lay the bars back on the tank first, cos you can't lift them over the risers if you place the bars forward towards the screen first... (found that the hard way!)
I now want some slighty straighter bars, a couple of inches wider but with the same lift - any suggestions???
Happy riding.....

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info, Longrider and Bluelady!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts