StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I don't remember hearing a clicking sound, last year, when I turned the key off, on my K7 Wee. Have tried a few things like seeing if it makes the same sound when I turn off the bike with the kill switch, then turn off the key and still a clicking sound. Clicking isn't the proper word for it. More like when you get a chattering relay. But it only happens when the key turns off and only for a very short period. Does this happen to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any replies and I am hoping its normal!!!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
On K7 and later 650s, that's the secondary throttle stepper motor returning the plates to the default position.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Secondary throttle plates... hummmnnn I have some reading to do. Thank you

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The primary throttle plates are controlled by the throttle cables and sit closer to the engine in the throttle body. The secondary throttle plates sit closer to the air box and are run by a stepper motor that is controlled by the ECM for emissions purposes. Rods #9 and #10 connect the front and rear plates so both primaries move together and both secondaries move together. The secondary plates are on top. The primary throttle cable reel is on the lower left. The secondary stepper motor is on the lower right though it turns the shaft above it. The two #6s are the STPS and TPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts