StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering who is interested in Ironhorse this year from these parts. I have had lots of great times there in the past. Two years ago we had a guest speaker that had some great information to share. Besides, it's in the middle of the best riding in the East. Hope to make it up there this year.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I'm making plans to ride up this year. After doing some riding in that area last year I knew I'd have to go back as soon as possible. This is the perfect excuse.

Happy St. Patrick's Day :var_8:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm making plans to ride up this year. After doing some riding in that area last year I knew I'd have to go back as soon as possible. This is the perfect excuse.

Happy St. Patrick's Day :var_8:

That sounds great! I did not see you at the Yammi tent this year. I got to ride my bike, I was excited to say the least.

Happy St Patty's day as well.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I did not see you at the Yammi tent this year. I got to ride my bike, I was excited to say the least.
Are we talking the Super Ténéré; I took a ride on it as well and have to say I liked it a lot.:thumbup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I will be leaving from Sarasota/Bradenton. Still trying to decide if I will be leaving on Wednesday or early Thursday. I would enjoy the company for a mile or two with fella V Stromers.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
most likely leaving very early Thursday AM 4ish. Usually do a slab day, at hammer pace. Most people don't find my riding compatible.:shocked:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You are too modest by far. If I had the endurance, I'd follow you to Hell!

Much of the time, I would be thinking, "I can't corner like that",
and then trying to prove I can ...

Keith
Sometimes, I can manage to let the bike bike fall over thinking that I put down the kickstand. :headbang:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you have never gone to this event, it is a great time. It's fantastic to see so many from this board and others join in at this place. Ironhorse is one in a million. The scenery and lodge is the perfect setting. I can imagine retiring near one of these places and spending my years riding the days away.

·
Registered
603 Posts
If you have never gone to this event, it is a great time. It's fantastic to see so many from this board and others join in at this place. Ironhorse is one in a million. The scenery and lodge is the perfect setting. I can imagine retiring near one of these places and spending my years riding the days away.
Clem, if you're doing an o'dark-30 run Thursday morning that's when I'll be leaving.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the offer, I am not sure about anything. I had a friend who wants my bike, THIS WEEK, so I will probably sell, even though I am not ready. I know I am certain I will miss this bike. I am hoping Patricia will lend me hers till I get the Super T.

I really plan on making Ironhorse, maybe tandem with Patricia like the old days.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If anyone is looking for a room to share, let me know, one of the guys we are going with would like that option. About 35.00 per night, beats tenting!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Last Post before leaving for Ironhorse. I am leaving a little early since worked has tanked. I will just not have to ride 700 miles until Sunday! yipee.

If anyone wants to go, let me know tonight.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No rain yet, the riding is outstanding, we are going to brave another run this PM, but it's looking mighty tentative out. There are less bikes then in the past, maybe due to 4.00 plus gas. In any event, met some new friends here, thats always nice.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
No rain yet, the riding is outstanding, we are going to brave another run this PM, but it's looking mighty tentative out. There are less bikes then in the past, maybe due to 4.00 plus gas. In any event, met some new friends here, thats always nice.
Clem.

I'm just installing a new front tire and front brakes.

I'm about 100 miles East, don't know if I'll head out tonight or eeeeeeearly tomorrow.

Sending you a PM with my cell.

Norm

1 - 20 of 29 Posts