StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Interested!

That's an understatement.

I keep hearing wonderful stories about the gatherings that happen there.
The prices seem high to me, but I can understand paying for quality time.

Much will happen in my life in the next 120 days,
after which I may be able to plan on attending this.

I sure hope so!
Keith

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keith, tent sights are available for 15.00 per night. You can bring all your own food, and cook it up outside on a grill. If you rent the cabins, then your looking at 89.00 per night for private baths.

The place is a small paradise, with a creek running through it. It is very secluded,with a lodge that is second to none. The owners are very nice as well.

Hope you can make it.

Clem

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, now we have the Tampabay area represented, how about SE Florida, or SW Florida, or the Panhandle, or maybe north Florida? I know there are many silent riders out there. Time to plan and commit:thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Ok, now we have the Tampabay area represented, how about SE Florida, or SW Florida, or the Panhandle, or maybe north Florida? I know there are many silent riders out there. Time to plan and commit:thumbup:
Hey, I'm working on folks from the South Florida and the Northeastern Part of Southwest Florida.

I wouldn't mind showing you some of the more technically endearing, under-underpatrolled roads in the region, too.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Iron Horse

Clem,

As of right now, I would have to say a definate maybe. Will have to look into several things before I can say yes for sure.

Going to the general area this Memorial Weekend to meet friends from various parts of the counrty. Meeting in Knoxville and then ??????

I will check and be back on this thread asap.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My first event with my new Wee Strom was Iron Horse two weeks ago and I had a great time. I'm in for Oct. Great place to ride, great place to stay,and it should be a great time of year to go. I just need to take a few extra day's off to enjoy the roads up there.:thumbup:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Keith, tent sights are available for 15.00 per night. You can bring all your own food, and cook it up outside on a grill. If you rent the cabins, then your looking at 89.00 per night for private baths.

The place is a small paradise, with a creek running through it. It is very secluded,with a lodge that is second to none. The owners are very nice as well.

Hope you can make it.
Clem,

You are quite right about the bucolic charm there. I'm proud that I was once featured on the IH website, just after it opened. I drove my 37' motorhome pulling a 24' trailer...64 feet overall with the tongue, right into the middle of the camp. The owner posted a picture of it on the website to prove a rig that big could get in there. The big question was if I could get it out. I wasn't sure myself. I had one try to get up the steep driveway and make a sharp right onto the road, without going into the ditch on the other side. I made it and suspect I still hold the record there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still interested!

I am still riding here for this weekend. I thought I would bump this near the top of the board. I will probably be camping and hoping the weather is cooperative. But I am still open to other choices at this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts