StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever thought about doing an IronButt ride? Have you ever attended an Eastern V-Strom Gathering?

Having just finished reading a Stromtrooper thread about high mileage riding days, I thought about the few miles I have ridden this year. In the last 25 years I have never had a year when I only put on a total of about 3000 miles on all my bikes combined. This has really been a messed up year.

I have to make up for that… I’m already registered for the 2021 Scooter CannonBall but I want to plan more miles

I would like to see it there is any interest in doing a SaddleSore 1000 either before, during or after the 2021 Eastern Rally.

Please let me know any thoughts.

I’ve already have one route figured out but that can easily be changed. A nice new IronButt certification, along with the pin, decals and sense of accomplishment might be a great start to your riding season!

Such a ride would even be Covid friendly.

Reactions: happy hooker

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Interesting. Just opposite in my case. Last few years usually I averaged 30000 km (18000 - 19000 miles) this year because of the COVID I got it up to 41000 km (25000 miles).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hmm... depending on the route it is roughly 1000 miles from my home to the Rally point. Bellevue, NE starting point... Earning my first Iron Butt is a 2021 goal, so ... gonna have to give this some serious thought.

Reactions: happy hooker
1 - 3 of 3 Posts