StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I are headed to the Pony tomarrow(Saturday). If any of the Columbus boys are around and want to see-hear the 2 into 1 exaust on my 1K, we should be there around 2pm.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Just might be there for that.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Waited until 2:35 then I had to leave. Sorry I missed you.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I must have just missed you. I got there at 2:35 and stayed till 4:00.

·
not very quiet
289 Posts
Just taking advantage of the subject line:

Does anyone else get aggrevated shopping there? They have the apparel divided up by brand instead of by what it is. Need a men's jacket? Sure, check these 7 locations within the store... Boots? Sure thing; 7 more locations. Keep circling, maybe you'll see something you missed. I wouldn't be so bad, but when I finally do find what I'm looking for, they never have my size, or it's the wrong color, or WTF is wrong with this zipper???? ooh, freakin women's coat. It's worse than trying to find hardware in Lowe's. Just make sure you eat before you head inside.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Just taking advantage of the subject line:

Does anyone else get aggrevated shopping there? They have the apparel divided up by brand instead of by what it is. Need a men's jacket? Sure, check these 7 locations within the store... Boots? Sure thing; 7 more locations. Keep circling, maybe you'll see something you missed. I wouldn't be so bad, but when I finally do find what I'm looking for, they never have my size, or it's the wrong color, or WTF is wrong with this zipper???? ooh, freakin women's coat. It's worse than trying to find hardware in Lowe's. Just make sure you eat before you head inside.
That's funny, I was just ranting the exact same thing to my wife when we were in there last weekend!

Yeah, the arrangement of the place sucks BIG TIME I absolutely hate that they group things by brand like that, but I forgive it because they have so much stuff under one roof and the closeout section alone makes it a great place...I've scored so much good gear there cheap.

The thing about their stock, after talking to the folks there is that this year especially they've had a very hard time getting new shipments and keeping popular sizes in stock....and that makes sense lots and lots of new riders out there. I do a lot of my gear & accessory shopping in the winter not only because that's when I'm not riding but because they seem to have a better selection and less traffic in there. When I was in there in February I found sizes and selection were excellent. When the riding season is over I suspect it'll rebound the same way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Its all about marketing. If they can get you to walk around the store instead of one area there is a good chance you will see and buy something that you wouldn't have if things were set up the way we think they should be.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Its all about marketing. If they can get you to walk around the store instead of one area there is a good chance you will see and buy something that you wouldn't have if things were set up the way we think they should be.
The downside of that marketing style is that often a purpose-minded shopper, and many men prefer not to browse but to go after a specific thing, will miss something or overlook it because it's not grouped by product.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Iron Pony and Menards must be organized by the same 7 year old.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Iron Pony and Menards must be organized by the same 7 year old.
Oh yeah, Menards is terrible like that too...spent an honest hour in there trying to find some conduit once....I felt like Anderson from Beavis & Butthead when he got lost in the big box store looking for Spanish Tile.:var_7:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts