StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a quick run to CowTown and back, did the 1345km return ride in 13.25hrs. (I live about an hr. south of Wpg) This included all fuel, smoke, pee breaks and a quick bite in Regina.

In the latest edition of Motorcyclist magazine, an article on a fella who did the 1000 mile Saddle Sore in under 24hrs. I figured that is a snap, so checked out the Iron Butt website (www.ironbutt.com) and printed off all the info, log book, etc. They even have a section for us Canucks with the mileage in KM's.

Will do a run to Calgary then turn north on Hwy 2 to Edmonton. That will give me the 1600km required. You fill out all the required info along the way, keeping fuel reciepts, etc. Mail it in with ur initial payment and voila! you become a member.

My K5 Wee now has 50,000km on it, and she still runs like new!

Didnt see another V or Wee the whole time ;(

Cheers

·
Registered
636 Posts
I'll be doing the SS1600 soon as well, it'd be nice having a slab of straight nothingness like the Trans-Canada to do it on. I rode Barrie to Thunder Bay (1300km) last year on a bike less comfortable than the Strom. It took me 16 hours and that included a sit down lunch and picture taking stops.....I was on vacation.

I figure with a good route and not too much monkeying around it should be doable in 18 hours......though traffic in Ontario could screw that guesstimate up severly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts