StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks xfdmazqgwu, for putting the link to google maps.

I've been wanting to get down that way this spring, but just haven't made it a priority.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Current forecast for Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area looks like showers off and on in the morning, tapering off towards noon.
I don't mind taking a chance of getting a little damp if you guys don't (worst case, I'll just bring my rain gear and an alternate visor).

What say y'all?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Current forecast for Kalamazoo/Battle Creek area looks like showers off and on in the morning, tapering off towards noon.
I don't mind taking a chance of getting a little damp if you guys don't (worst case, I'll just bring my rain gear and an alternate visor).

What say y'all?
I'm still down. I don't own rain gear (yet), but dont mind getting a little wet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm still in. It will be the third time I get to break out the rain gear. I'm a little surprised I haven't had to need it more, since I commute with it every day.

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
The group pictures from Saturday's ride:
From left:
popnfresh, FieroDude, and xfdmazqgwu:

And in this one:

daveo, popnfresh, and xfdmazqgwu:

Great ride guys, and I am glad the rain held off for us! I hit light rain for about 5 minutes on the ride home, as well, but nothing significant. When I got back here and talked to some friends, though, they said it had been raining hard here in SW Michigan all day, from around 10 until after 5. So I must have gotten out just before it started.

Hopefully next time around, Weezel and KAP can join us, as well as anyone else who wants to! I will look at the schedule for July and suggest a couple days. Does anyone care particularly if it's a Saturday, or are either Saturdays or Sundays an option?

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I got back here and talked to some friends, though, they said it had been raining hard here in SW Michigan all day
Good thing you came over here and missed all that! Saturday vs. Sunday doesn't matter much to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
It was quite a bit of fun meeting up with everyone. I snagged a quick pic of xfdmazqgwu and fierodude after grabbing some food at the hungry wolf:

Id also like to specfically thank daveo and xfdmazqgwu for taking us along some good paths, and fierodude for making the extended trek out here. Really looking forward to the next gathering.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Very cool! Seeing it all mapped out kind of puts it in perspective!

I was going to suggest either the weekend of the 11th or the 18th. I figure a lot of people will have plans the weekend of the 4th, and I have friends coming from out of town on the weekend of the 25th.

One other thing that may be worth noting is the weekend of the 18th, the annual Venetian Festival http://www.venetian.org/ will be going on here in my area. Which either makes a good excuse to come over and party and enjoy the food and music, or if you are like me and prefer to avoid large crowds of people, a good excuse to get out of the area! If anyone would be interested in coming over for the Venetian Festival, I can do some research on routes through the area that may be worthwhile and we could do an afternoon ride and then hit the festival later, but I know it's a long haul for everyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Should have mentioned this in the earlier post as I asked about dates heh...anyways as far as dates go for me, the 4th is likely out..and possibly the 11th. I should know by the end of the week about the 11th.

In regards to the venetian event. I'm really up for anything; I'm willing to go with whatever everyone else wants to do.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Like we discussed last Saturday, the goal is the most possible for each ride, knowing some may not be able to make it. But I really would like to make sure that we can get at least one ride in a month, and that everyone who wants to join will be able to make at least one or two of those over the course of the season.

KAP and Weezel - we also hope you can make it to the next one! If there are others in the southern Michigan/northern Indiana and northwest Ohio area that want to join us, we are going to try to arrange at least one ride a month (as noted above), and not necessarily just in the Irish Hills area. Which makes me think a separate posting may be suitable.

·
Registered
981 Posts
From my standpoint, the 18th is looking the best. We may want to keep it over in the Irish Hills area this time around for KAP, due to distance.

I also put in an inquiry to one of the moderators about creating a sticky for upcoming events, etc., if we want to form a more or less official group for riders from the region (I am thinking southern Michigan, NW Ohio, N/NE Indiana, and SW Ontario, although anyone willing to make the trek would be welcome). If we get enough interest, it can be done. I suggested about 10-12 members would be the threshold, although we could probably get away with fewer.

Thoughts? Interest?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Since I haven't heard any additional feedback from anyone on dates, let's set it for the 18th. I suggest same time and location, if KAP will be joining, due to the ride-in distance - it would be pretty central for everyone.

I will also try to get in touch with some of the others that have expressed interest.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Enjoyed some of this Thursday.

I've been following the thread and you guys inspired me to go through Irish Hills on my way to Hartland....Thanks it was worth it.

Off to the UP Tuesday..:)

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'm in for the 18th

I'm in for the 18th and have been trying to round up some more strommers to join us. Look forward to meeting everyone.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts