StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the iridium spark plugs & accually got any benifit from them.
All the blerb on the box says there supposed to increase power, fuel consumption , make you live longer ,usual stuff.
What the real take on these plugs, any good..

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
Longer life. Other than that not much. Ran my first set almost 60K before changing them.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Yep. The iridium plug isn't better than a new copper plug, but it works like new for a long time.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Iridium plugs should last as long as the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Maybe a coincidence but 3 bars is much more common.
Are you saying that you used to average two bars on the temperature gauge, and after switching to iridium plugs, you now average three bars?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Are you saying that you used to average two bars on the temperature gauge, and after switching to iridium plugs, you now average three bars?
If so, a lot of radiator fins must have been bent during plug installation. BTW, 2 bars is normal for a Vee except for going to 3 in hot weather traffic jams. 3 bars is normal for the 650 except in cold or cool rainy weather where 2 may show up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Have not put enough miles on the bike but changed them in the truck after 115,000 miles and i think they were still fine cause i didn't notice any difference, and i even changed the wires also...

·
38,048 Posts

·
38,048 Posts
Damn, mental typo. CR8EIX is correct. Heat range doesn't matter as much in a liquid cooled engine but the 8 heat range is the same as stock.

·
38,048 Posts
CR8EIX is correct for Wee and Vee. Both bikes have the same size and heat range plugs. The only difference between the stock plugs is the Vee's have dual side electrodes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts