StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing plugs on the 1k and forgot I put iridium in there last time. They have about 15000 miles on them. I know the iridium's in my truck are good for like 100k miles. Should I still replace them like you would a standard plug or are they good for a lot longer?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I think the original plugs in my 04 Wee got changed at 80K. They still looked OK but new original plugs got installed.
Iridium are supposed to last even mo bettah. Plug life is greatly under evaluated.
On my Beemers plug life was suggested at 10K. I gave up on that crap after a few years of no issues.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Don't change them, maybe check torque...
Wot he said.
Unleaded fuels, even with ethanol have greatly inceased plug life. Unless you're experiencing high oil consumption or misfire, you should be good to go. I will leave mine alone until it needs, not necessarily scheduled, for a valve check.

Independent owner-mechanic: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Federal Government: "If it aint' broke, fix it until it is."

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just a hair under 100k miles on my iridium plugs. I have a new set I've been procrastinating about installing, maybe I'll throw them in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Yeah, I was going to follow the maintenance schedule and change them out. Then reading other experiences, and logic dictates they can easily go several times the interval the manual calls for.

·
Super Moderator
5,152 Posts
From this, and other experiences with other makes and models, I am willing to accept that some sections of various Owners Manuals are simple cut and paste outtakes from preceding manuals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts