StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 80 gb ipod and was trying to find a specific ipod handlebar mount. do the cellphone holders work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not sure if youl have the same spot, but my ZZR1200 has a hex shaped hole in the middle of the triple tree that RAM makes a mount for. You stick a rubber cone-shaped thing into the hole and then tighten the ram ball and it sticks. then you can add whatever mount you want to it.

I am not sure if v-stroms have this since you have actual handlebars, but if so, it is an option

·
Registered
115 Posts
probably a very bad idea to hard mount an ipod to a bike. ipod is a spinning hard drive, and my guess is that it will fry pretty fast if its hard connected to the bike

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
The best mount for an iPod is in a chest pocket inside your jacket with the earphone wires running inside your jacket at exiting at the neck. That way they have not chance of getting tangled in you or the bike.
If you really must have volume control and the ability to change tracks then there are plenty of iPod remotes that can be mounted to the handle bars and operated with your left hand.
Please don't say that you want the iPod on the bars so you can read the screen whilst riding because that would have to be about the most dangerous and silly thing a person could try to do on a bike.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best mount for an iPod is in a chest pocket inside your jacket with the earphone wires running inside your jacket at exiting at the neck. That way they have not chance of getting tangled in you or the bike.
If you really must have volume control and the ability to change tracks then there are plenty of iPod remotes that can be mounted to the handle bars and operated with your left hand.
Please don't say that you want the iPod on the bars so you can read the screen whilst riding because that would have to be about the most dangerous and silly thing a person could try to do on a bike.
No, I have a chatterbox to run it thru, I dont want to put it in my pocket b/c it scratched the piss out of my other one. My buddy said that hard mounting his did make it skip b/c of the hard drive so I guess I'll just put mine in my tank bag map holder.Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - new guy here. I keep my IPOD under the seat and control it with an iJet remote. The remote is attached to the top of the clutch reservoir with Velcro. Very easy to operate and minimal distraction. Listen through the Autocom…

·
Registered
365 Posts
They are expensive enough to not want to buy another one, but I have a 4 gig nano with a clear case that I hang from a lanyard around my neck. It holds almost 2 days worth of songs, so I don't worry about running out of music.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
No, I have a chatterbox to run it thru, I dont want to put it in my pocket b/c it scratched the piss out of my other one.
A decent hard case will fix that. My 40GB iPod is nearly four years old and has been everywhere including well over 200 plane flights and does not have a mark on it.
Check the case reviews on iPod Lounge for something suitable.
I agree that a tank bag would be a better place for a hard drive iPod than a fixed mounting.

·
Registered
26 Posts
iPod on Handlebars...

... is definately not a good idea.

I was going to elaborate on this point, but, the advice above regarding this is sufficient enough (excellent). The iPod referenced is in fact a hard drive. Treat it with the greatest of care, i.e., breast pocket while controling the volume and <, >, ||, etc., with one of the many "remote" controllers. You'll be much happier.

I happen to use an AirClick to control mine. I also use a pair of Etymotic sound isolation ear phones. Outstanding. I couldn't be more pleased.

·
Registered
662 Posts
+1 on the "don't mount to handlebars" comment. My old HDD mp3 player basicly fried after a few hours of being mounted there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts