StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had trouble with their Ipod locking up on the bike.If I put the Ipod under the set in foam it locks up and I have to reboot it.A friend of mine has the same problem.If I put in the tank bag it is fine but wrapped in foam under the seat it locks up.My body has an otter box and it does the same thing.:confused:any suggestions out there.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It may be a heat problem. The thing generates heat and you're not giving the heat a place to go. When I used to run a GPS PDA in an Otterbox, it sometimes got so hot the LCD screen blacked over.

·
Registered
339 Posts
what type of ipod. if it's a hard drive based ipod now know as an ipod classic the vibration from the bike is causing the lock ups. If it a flash based ipod like a nano,touch or shuffle I'd say it is heat.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ya it is a 30gig Ipod Video
Vibration is your issue. have you thought of putting it in a jacket pocket?

I worked at the apple store for two years as a "mac genius". I had a Harley guy rumble up and park in front of the store. He stomped in jump in-front of the line of people waiting complaining about how "This damn ipod keeps on freezing". I told him if he mounted it on his bike there is nothing i could do because the vibration is causing the "little record player" that stores the music to skip. It ended up he had the ipod mounted on his handle bars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same experience here with an iPod Photo 60 GB in my tank bag, it locked up, usually within 20 minutes. It was in the middle of summer, so I wasn't sure if it was heat or vibration at the time, but I was pretty certain it was vibration due to my experience with computers. I cashed in some AirMiles on a 8 GB Nano for the bike.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cashed in some AirMiles on a 8 GB Nano for the bike.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good rationalization for getting a new Ipod:-D

"ever tried to go a day with out a good rationalization"

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Vibration is your issue. have you thought of putting it in a jacket pocket?

Under the seat sandwiched in foam it may also be pressure on the touch wheel as you move around on the seat. The seat does flex and there isn't a lot of room in there.
I always have my iPod (40GB Series 3 or iPhone) in the chest pocket of my jacket with ear buds and never have a problem there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts