StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one in the Iowa area? Struthers in DesMoines is having a open house 28 April. Was told that there would be some killer deals going on. So far at least 4 stroms will be there.Would be nice to get some VSTROMS with in a few hundred miles for open house's ,poker runs, or just a lunch ride .K.C. for bar b que, MN. for coffee at Bobs Java Hut or Betty's etc..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom hope you can make it. Have you ever been to the SPAM museum? mike

·
Registered
85 Posts
Another Strommer (newbie Strommer) up here in central Iowa!

Are you riding for scenery, twisties or eats?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I have been by the Spam museum many, many times, but haven't stopped there yet. I led a ride (I ride with a bunch of Goldwingers up here) to there, but we got rained out and came home before we got there. Lots of nasty lighting and such.

We have toured the country for years on 2 Goldwings, 1 ST, 1 FJR, 1 Nomad, 1 Vulcan 1500, and 1 Yamaha 640 v-star and just got the v-stroms last summer. We decided to try trailering the bikes to different parts of the country and riding more dirt roads and such. Our plans are Black Hills this month and Colorado in July. Beating it down the Interstate for days at a time has kinda lost its appeal. It is always a full day or two of interstate to get to somewhere interesting.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts