StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I joined the forum when I ordered my brand new white wee strom last month and am now just getting the chance to post. First of all, thanks to this forum for all of the posts and insight. I was comparing against other bikes and the strom ended being a "no brainer".

When I bought the bike, I immediately lowered it, added a center stand, heated grips and hand guards. I'm going to add bar risers as well. The intention is to get the correct gear over the next couple years to help me ride the bike into Alaska. I already know to get good luggage, bash plate and engine guard. Any other must haves? Any really nice to haves?

By the way, I already experienced my first of many "D'oh!" moments. Left the the parking lights on all day and the battery was drained when I left work. :headbang: Fortunately, I found a kind person with jumper cables. Got the bike home and am using a trickle charger on the battery. First of many, I'm sure! ;)

Looking forward to learning from such a good forum.
Regards,
Mike

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If you're gonna get heated gear, add a voltmeter to the bike, otherwise, it looks like you're off to a good start.

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
The stock seat sucks on long rides. It's fine for inner city riding but on those long hauls it hurts. YMMV. Replace or modify it. You could experiment with sheepskin, gel seat covers and beads too as a cheaper option.

I put a Tailblazer tail light flasher on mine. It's very noticeable. Has a neat flash pattern.

Lots of people switch out the headlights for brighter, some add additional lights up front for visibility.

Peg lowering kits and handlebar risers help to personalize the bike and make it more comfortable on longer rides.

Switching out the front/rear sprocket to match the riding your intending can be good. 6th gear is pretty useless in the city using the stock gearing.

My ride had a Power Commander on it when i bought it. The PO said it made a huge difference, so i have to agree, having no knowledge of what the bike was like previously.

Do you have the engine guard under the bike to keep your oil filter from being smacked with rocks? Do you have engine guards? Folding clutch pedal and folding handlebar levers in case you dump the bike? keeps them from snapping off and leaving you stranded someplace if you ever dump the bike. Lots of things to do with this bike over time.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome :hurray:

I have learned a lot on this forum.One of them being,that my paycheck is to small for all wanted farkles :green_lol:

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Welcome to the madness. Initiate farkelization procedure . Pause, ride. Continue farkelization. Pause, ride, etc.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
this site

this site has all sorts of folks = they're really great, most have a great deal of knowledge they're willing to share, they're upbeat and funny with their fun post. It's someting I look forward to daily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Farkles

Welcome. Farkles add up fast but it's such a great bike right out of the box almost anything you add makes it a little better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts