StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Barkbuster Storm handguards on my 2014 DL1000A ABS, OEM bars and no risers. I'm going to replace the OEM windscreen with a Givi AF3105. Does anyone else here have this combination and, if so, are there any interference issues between the handguards and the Givi windscreen at full lock?

I had the same handguards and a Givi AF3101 windscreen on my 2012 DL650 and had to make some custom bracket extensions for the bar-mount end of the handguards but I can't remember if it was because of the Givi or because of the Pro-Taper mid-bend bars and up/back risers and Givi altogether.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Please keep replies on the topic of interference issues. Any windscreen specific discussion belongs in the proper sticky thread.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please keep replies on the topic of interference issues. Any windscreen specific discussion belongs in the proper sticky thread.
Absolutely greywolf. I'm only concerned with potential physical interference between the hand guards and windscreen.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have the BB Storms with Givi screen, but unfortunately for your inquiry also have the Rox 2" adjustable risers. However, it looks like if it were sans risers there would be little to no opportunity for interference. Here's a pic at full left lock with the windshield in the lowered position.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the Barkbusters and the Givi windscreen on a '15 DL1500. No interference at all. It is close at full lock with screen in lowest position, but doesn't touch.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: racefan

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the Barkbusters and the Givi windscreen on a '15 DL1500. No interference at all. It is close at full lock with screen in lowest position, but doesn't touch.

Excellent, news. I appreciate you taking the time to pass this information along to me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the BB Storms with Givi screen, but unfortunately for your inquiry also have the Rox 2" adjustable risers. However, it looks like if it were sans risers there would be little to no opportunity for interference. Here's a pic at full left lock with the windshield in the lowered position.

Thanks for the good news! I remember not particularly enjoying resolving the interference issues I had with my last bars/riser/handguard/shield setup but once I did, it was perfect ergonomically for me.

Now, how does the combination work with respect to bu.. Sorry greywolf, only a bit of levity, honest. :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
FWIW: The optional Barkbuster LED amber lights are surprisingly bright for improving conspicuity and they also clear the windscreen.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Led lights for Givi w/shield

FWIW: The optional Barkbuster LED amber lights are surprisingly bright for improving conspicuity and they also clear the windscreen.

That's good to hear, I was thinking about getting a windshield wiper set-up to clear my screen.

OK OK couldn't resist. I have a similar set-up and have never had a problem.
Trav Out.
Sent by Tapeworm talk.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I run my Givi in the lowest position and my Barkbusters with LED's don't hit but my mirrors do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I run my Givi in the lowest position and my Barkbusters with LED's don't hit but my mirrors do.
I do have AdventureTech mirror extenders and Aprilia Tuono mirrors. Hopefully that won't cause an issue but I'm going to find out.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
No extenders, moving the screen up or forward would solve the problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ended up ordering the AF3105 from motostorm.it and it should be here in a few weeks. I ordered a Givi top case and rack from them last month and had no issues so i figured I'd hit them up again.

Thanks to all who passed on their knowledge to me about this question.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts