StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever seen this before? Stumbled upon it and kinda looks interesting, certainly no replacement for the good old fashioned shoulder-check but I've noticed a weakness on my commute with a couple of spots where freeway lanes merge in from the side, with traffic coming in from behind and the sides fast during the lane merge. Easy to be caught by surprise by those guys.

RiderScan Motorcycle Scooter Blind Spot Safety Mirror | Hunter Create Ltd : HunterCreate Ltd

Not a terrible idea, anyways....

·
Registered
360 Posts
I use those stick-on 2 inch circular parabolic mirrors in the lower outside corners of my mirrors and have for years. They work well for me.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I use those stick-on 2 inch circular parabolic mirrors in the lower outside corners of my mirrors and have for years. They work well for me.
I do the same thing, but mine are rectangular.
Works great for me. About $3 I think.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Do you people actually make lane changes without actually turning your head to look directly?

I would never do that! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
944 Posts
Of course I turn my head. The extra mirrors (like any mirror, really) only say "NO". They never say "YES".

I find them handy to help keep tabs on what's happening next to me.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you people actually make lane changes without actually turning your head to look directly?

I would never do that! :jawdrop:
Please to get over thyself and re-read opening post - "certainly no replacement for the good old fashioned shoulder-check" (i.e., turning head to look directly to the side when changing lanes, which "we people" perform already) but more helpful with "where freeway lanes merge in from the side, with traffic coming in from behind and the sides fast during the lane merge"

In other words, try to evision the scenarios where a lane from another freeway interchange is merging in from the left alongside of you, prior to the merge point your lane and the other lane are seperated by a cement wall or barrier such that you can't see the occupants of the other lane until they are next to you - but the traffic is merging in so fast that they're overtaking you from behind and to the side. You're not changing lanes necessarily but even so wouldn't it be nice to know they're coming or are already there!

Yeah I think I'll check out the cheapie wide-angle mirror stick-on dealybobs... they'll look right at home next to my grocery store suction-cup compass on the windshield....thanks! :mrgreen::thumbup:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Of course I turn my head. The extra mirrors (like any mirror, really) only say "NO". They never say "YES".

I find them handy to help keep tabs on what's happening next to me.
I like that "no/yes" saying. Think i'll file that one away for other conversations.

Alexi

Ps - i use stickon convex mirrors on cars and trucks, and i just do the head check thing on the bike. I like that the 2012 mirrors at least are a little convex anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
This idea looks like it might work, but it is ugly stuck on that guys windshield.

I would be worried about reflections from the sun too, as was already mentioned. I used to have a real issue on my cruiser from the sun sometimes. It had a chrome gas guage on top of the tank.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Its a good idea like the revuu helmet with a back view!

But if you are not a experience rider and you got distracted viewing you're self in the reflection it could be massive mistake!

But its a very good idea but I will keep with the fish mirror on the normal mirrors

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 11 of 11 Posts