StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
What do you think of this mount ?

I think it is really sexy. I wonder if it would be compatible with a Madstad...

I ordered it for my Zumo 550, it was spendy @ 187.00. But looks like no hassel and should last longer than the bike. Thank you for the link!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sure, its been over 1 week and still nothing. I will give it time do to the around the world difference.
Toll

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Heres a look at the mounting process and final product

Attachments

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics !

Is the surface area that goes on the winshield bracket completely flat on the fairing side ? I don't know if you have seen a Madstad bracket, but I would really like to know if both parts are compatible. :confused:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Thanks for the pics !

Is the surface area that goes on the winshield bracket completely flat on the fairing side ? I don't know if you have seen a Madstad bracket, but I would really like to know if both parts are compatible. :confused:
It may have a slight standoff from the dash, say .25" or so. There is no interferance from the windscreen what so ever with the GPS unit itself. It also appears to have more adjustability due to the 2 pivot points. Its a very stout unit, all CNC machines aluminum. Holes are counter sunk, and its also a very clean mount, factory like. I am dissapointed about the 2 missing M4 fine thread bolts. Delivery time to PA was 9 business days, 3 of which where exchanging signature cards with the mail man as no on is home at my place during the day. The sender required a signature from recipiant, so one day I got the card, signed it and put in box next day, following day the mail man brough the package for a total of 3 days.
I email them about the missing hard ware and aked them to send them ASAP, with out the signature card this time.
Once again, thanks for the link and let me know if I can help in any way!
I think you are speaking about the Madstat winshield brackets and you are worried about the 2 inteferring with one another? Is this correct? If so should I be looking on the side of the GPS bracket towards the windscreen uprights?

I checked clearances around the outside of the mount to see how close they are to the Stock windscreen upright supports. And they are approx. .25" on the sides and a little less top and bottom. I am not sure what the madstats look like when compared to the stock demensions, but I am sure you could use the dremal to clean up any tolerance issues. I would suggest that due to the high wind stress put on the windscreen brackets though, just be sure there are no right angles in the clean up area and round them off. Right angles are potental stress risors that will lead to fatique cracking in high stress areas where those 2 angles join. So just be sure to clean them up nice. I am on my 3rd set of brushes in the dremal, one of the best shop tools I ever bought.

Oh..here is the reply I got from them today....American customer service should take note:
PS:I also correected the phone number so you can call them from the USA. You must dial the 011 I entered then the rest of the number.

Good morning
We received your telephone message this morning. It was 10pm our time when you called..... Sincere apologoes for ommitting the correct number of screws & we will despatch the correct number by express post today.
Best regards
Chris Holland
Managing Director
Motorrad Concepts Limited/BaehrUK
011 44131 663 1012
www.motorradconcepts.com
www.baehruk.com

ANOTHER REPLY:
We were sorry that you you were disappointed to find only 2 screws in the package you received. I note your comments about the need for a signature so I am posting you the missing screws by ordinary air mail post today.
>
> Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.
>
> Regards,
> _______________________
> Caroline Kerr
> Office Manager

DAM GOOD PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH! I will be back and check them first!
Toll

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am wondering if this will fit the 76Cs either with or w/out the Touratech Mount? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

TC:D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I am not familiar with the 76 model, but Motorrad claims this is for Garmin GPS systems. On the head of the mount, there is a 3 X 3 grid spaced evenly for a total of 9 holes. Eyeballing it I want to say the holes are about .50" appart from each other. They also sent a large assortment of bolts for securing other Garmin systems to the head, the thread pitch is the same, something like an M2 X .04mm. There was also a funky security allen wrench included, one with a small dimple in the head. I know this is not for my system, perhaps yours?
I would suggest emailing them, they are very quick to respond and since they are out of the UK, I am sure they are also familiar with the TT mount.
Tol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts