StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the salesman that sold me my DL1000K6. He called to see how I was enjoying the bike and when I was going to bring it in for it's 600 mile service.

When I told him I was coming up on 4000 miles, there was a bit of silence on the phone. Then he said, "Well, I guess you are enjoying riding that V-Strom!" I told him I was and that I'm kind of upset at myself for not buying one a few years ago. But that I am totally enjoying the bike and keeping all the service up on it in my shop.

Then he made a statement to me that got my attention - loud and clear!

"The V-Strom is a very popular bike. I can't get any used bikes in to sell. If you are interested, I can let you buy a new DL1000 each year for about $1500." Like I said, that got my attention.

At the rate I'm riding, I'll have about 30,000 on the bike after the first year of ownership. Heck, $1500 is not much to upgrade each year to a new bike. I hope it stays that way when I go in and talk to him in another 11 months.

Does this sound feasible?

B

·
0 Posts
I have a feeling they will back off of thier offer. Next time get it recorded or in writing.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there's something about trusting a salesperson - any salesperson.

They all seem to have a lack of memory that starts just after you sign the paperwork.

However, I will find out next year if nothing else to check his integrity - or if he has any.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts