StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a thread on interchangeable parts w/ past generation Wee?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Basically, the aluminum main frame is mostly unchanged so parts that fit it like crash bars work. The rear steel frame and luggage rack are different so luggage mounts are different. Fork leg attachments changed so front fenders can't be switched.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the tank attach in the same manner? i was thinking that the way the new tank sits on the frame was markedly changed vs previos. throttle bodies accessed same?
i had read something about the front fender anchors being quite different

is the oem fork spring rate the same as prior, and the same length, or did they monkey with something there?
I have not ridden one, but just pushing it around a bit I was quite surprised at how different it feels - made my 04 feel awfully front-nose heavy but part of that may have been the tkc on the front that creates a minor bit of resistance to just pushing it from point a to b in a parking lot

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The front of the tank has two vertical bolts into a front piece that is, in turn, bolted to the frame. There are still the rubber bungs on each side of the frame that engage C brackets on the tank. The horizontal pivot bolt is no more. 2012 Suzuki V-Strom (DL650A) FUEL TANK (DL650AL2 E33) | MRCycles

Removing the front and rear bolts allow the new tank to be propped up at the rear like the old one for throttle body access.

The new fork springs are stiffer but the same length. The new bike is 13lb lighter and feels even lighter than that. It also seems narrower.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts