StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just got an 07 dl1000. Bought it with Leo Vince slip ons but there’s no baffles in either of them. Trying to avoid a ticket and looking for OEMs or even baffles. I see a bunch of mufflers on eBay for different years and looking for some advice as I’m trying to avoid a hefty ticket being in CA.

I currently have a pair of Leo Vince SBK slip ons (no baffle) and can’t find baffles for it online.

Can parts from other years ie. 2012 pair of mufflers fit the same as an 07s would? Or do I need to look specifically for 07s? Also would baffles even help on the ones I’ve got already on, can’t seem to find a clear answer anywhere.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Try eBay or Alibaba, you can buy baffle inserts for the cheap Chinese pipes separately from the pipes themselves. (DB killers)

They are so simple there's almost no way to screw that up ;), and if you need mo quiet just buy some stainless steel wool, stainless wire and wrap the wool around the inside end of the insert then tie it on with the wire. Don't overdo it, but that will help and won't mess up the exhaust flow badly.

And yes, they make a big difference.

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
OEM mufflers from any first-gen DL1000 will fit.

If you go that route, you'll need to pay attention to the clamps and sealing sleeves, which are often damaged. The clamps are spot-welded in place and are a bit of a weak point. However, you can replace them with stainless Mikalor t-bolt clamps.

My Vee came to me with a migraine-inducing 2 Brothers exhaust. Loud pipes on a Vee are especially bothersome because there are two outlets up high and close to your head. Fortunately, the original pipes were included in the deal and soon were back in their proper place.

And yes, baffles and/or repacking those open pipes would definitely help. You can get replacement parts for LV systems, but only through authorized LV dealers.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are trying to avoid a ticket or don't like how loud they are. Why not sell the ones you have and buy some OEMs on fleebay. Heck, I would buy them from you if you decided to go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts