StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a map like this on one of the other forums I'm on, it seems like having one here could simplify life a bit. You can add yourself if you want, near the top left of the screen there is a tab marked "additions", then select "add marker-detailed" and enter the information. It gets a location from you as well as a name and an email, and there is a box where you can enter more information (like what you're able to do for example). I think there is even a place where you can put up a photo. Be aware that this is public information, there isn't any protection on this map. You can even pick what colour your marker is.

Stromtroopers map

I hope this is good.

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
I thought the world was flat as depicted but as I move the map around I see more and more countries that look exactly the same.
Is this a trick to make more members?:confused:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just a suggestion but shouldn't contact information be in the pins in case contact is needed? I'm just thinking about if someone is looking at the map on the phone or something and they are in need. It might be more convenient to at least have an email address.

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Just a suggestion but shouldn't contact information be in the pins in case contact is needed? I'm just thinking about if someone is looking at the map on the phone or something and they are in need. It might be more convenient to at least have an email address.
Yes email is more convenient although it can open us up to a lot of spam, etc.

If you PM me on Stromtrooper I see in my email almost right away that you PM'd me and it gets past the spam filters. I need to logon to respond which is a pain but at that point I would share my email and/or cell number if more discussion is needed.

..Tom

·
Registered
458 Posts
I had the same thought as I put mine on there and included both my phone number and email. (it's sort of all over the place in the motorcycle world because of my tank grips anyway, so why not?)

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
Yeah, hopefully The need isn't super immediate.
I had one MOA, BMW, guy complain because I didn't have his brand of oil at his disposal. How rude is that? Never kick a gift horse in the balls!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I thought the world was flat as depicted but as I move the map around I see more and more countries that look exactly the same.
Is this a trick to make more members?:confused:
Obviously the world is flat. How else would you be able to keep your motorcycle on it's center stand without a wheel chock or something?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I added myself to the map. Just west of Green bay Wisconsin. Im off the beaten path out in the country and have room for tent camping, can assist or do most repairs. Plenty of good dealers near by for parts and supplies for most makes. Have a trailer if your in a jam not too far away.

My backup e-mail is listed for now which goes to my phone. If it spams out and I later remove it, just PM me here or on Tapatalk.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
dwayneh ADDED

Added to map. Good idea.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts