StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2006 Wee.
It makes a fair bit of intake roar on acceleration. I don't get any of that on my SV650.
It sounds like someone removed the intake snorkel but it appears to be still intact.
Is this how these bikes are?

Thanks

·
Registered
562 Posts
Remove the tank and pop the air filter cover off. You want to confirm condition of the cc breather and air filter if the machine is new to you anyway. Yes, they are a bit throaty (roar) when you twist the right wrist. Let us know what you find. Enjoy the hell out of it!

·
Registered
650 Posts
On my '05 wee the stock exhaust note covers up any intake noise . I don't hear anything but exhaust noise and mechanical noise on acceleration.

RLBranson

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
If you want air box honk get a single G650GS BMW. Make more noise than the exhaust.
i wear ear plugs and don't here squat from the Dl650.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Not sure whether you have the stock air filter fitted. Do check if the rubber seal is fitted to the stock air filter., #9 in 2006 Suzuki V-Strom 650 DL650 Parts - Best OEM Parts Diagram for 2006 V-Strom 650 DL650 Motorcycles. There was a period where the rubber seal was not supplied with the stock filter. The K&N air filter normally does not require the rubber seal, Question for K&N Air Filter...
Another thought, is the airbox lid closing properly? You say that the airbox inlet is in place (#3 in part diagram).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pulled it apart tonite and found the airbox lid not screwed down. The filter seemed sealed down pretty good so I do not feel like I was getting much dirt in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts